GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"need some technical help on ps2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/01/04 at 01:21
Regular
"unstickme"
i was experiencing disk read error for the umpteenth time so i decided to fix it myself, which i have been successful except for this one metal piece that seems to have escaped my memory of where it belongs. can someone help me with this??!?? please help
Wed 07/01/04 at 00:14
Regular
"..."
Hey dude , you really should take your ps2 to sony
Fri 02/01/04 at 19:46
Regular
Alternatively...

Read SonicRav's first reply repeatedly until desperatin sinks in. Then go to sleep, wake up the next morning and hope that it was all a dream.
Fri 02/01/04 at 19:44
Regular
If the little bit of metal is a disc shaped object with something like "Jak II: Renegade" written in big letters on one side, then you can congratulate yourself on fine fortune. I happen to know exactly where that goes.

You see the wires from the controllers, they lead to little ports on the front of the PS2. Just above those ports are two other gaps, similar in shape to the controller ports. It says Magic Gate above, and has a 1 and a 2 over each port.

Simpy put, you need to place the "disc" inside either on of these ports. Don't be afraid to give a little push, they can often be a little tight once the PS2 has been taken apart.
Fri 02/01/04 at 11:22
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Bit more info on what the metal piece looks like would be helpful.
Fri 02/01/04 at 03:50
Regular
"Notable"
Hehe.

Nope the dream about eating pebbles is the best.
Fri 02/01/04 at 03:48
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
How screwed?

"Homer, you let your little girl go into the city on a bus by herself?"

Homer: "Well, errr, no.... but now I have to leave on a completely unrelated matter"
Fri 02/01/04 at 03:37
Regular
"Notable"
You forgot your name again.
Fri 02/01/04 at 03:36
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
You

are

so

so

utterly

screwed
Fri 02/01/04 at 01:21
Regular
"unstickme"
i was experiencing disk read error for the umpteenth time so i decided to fix it myself, which i have been successful except for this one metal piece that seems to have escaped my memory of where it belongs. can someone help me with this??!?? please help

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.