GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"region x probs....."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/08/01 at 15:51
Regular
Continued from previous message, I have a genuine scart cable, but it's very old, and has never 'really'worked 100% and what I get from that is a colour picture, bit with a sort of green glaze over it, this however perculiarly is only like it through one of two scart sockets in the back of my TV, in the other I get black and white picture just as with the other scart. But yet what's more strange is that when I have colour but with a green glaze it is like this for everything not just DVD'S, i.e. PS2 opening menus & games, does this shed any light on my problem?
Fri 24/08/01 at 11:54
Hmm? The picture (for games) should be in colour in both sockets, just the RGB will be better.
Shouldn't have any black and white pic unless you got a dodgy lead or socket (oooh err) :o)
Thu 23/08/01 at 22:58
when i took my psx to my mates i put it in the wrong scart and we spent hours trying to find out why its black and white. composite did you say it was?
Thu 23/08/01 at 17:30
Tellah's right :)
When you have two scart sockets on the back of your TV (like my Wega for example) one is rgb the other is composite, so you have to use the RGB one for any improvement :)
Sounds like a dodgy lead to me...
Wed 22/08/01 at 10:19
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
The second scart input may be converting the signal to composite.
I'd get a new genuine scart lead for PS1, use it in your PS2, and plug it into the Scart 1 socket on your telly.
Tue 21/08/01 at 15:51
Continued from previous message, I have a genuine scart cable, but it's very old, and has never 'really'worked 100% and what I get from that is a colour picture, bit with a sort of green glaze over it, this however perculiarly is only like it through one of two scart sockets in the back of my TV, in the other I get black and white picture just as with the other scart. But yet what's more strange is that when I have colour but with a green glaze it is like this for everything not just DVD'S, i.e. PS2 opening menus & games, does this shed any light on my problem?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.