GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats going on..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/02/07 at 21:27
Regular
Not sure if it is just me but things with freeola seem to be getting worse.

in the last few weeks we have had:

1. loads of spam coming through on forms.
2. emails running really slow, taking sometimes upto 24 hours for emails to send or come through.
3. the server failures at the weekend.
4. intermitant ftp access to servers.
5. issues with transfering in .com domains.

sure there is more!

things always used to run so smooth and without any problems, but of late things are getting worse and there never seems to be a valid reason or a resolution to the problems...

Freeola, whats going on?
Tue 13/02/07 at 00:38
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
rob_williams wrote:
> on a seperate note, are there any plans for SSL support this
> year?

Knew I had forgotten something there! Not entirely sure on that one, I will have an ask around the systems and managers to see if this is likely to come around at all!

After having a quick word with a few colleagues, SSL may be something we will be looking into this year, can't promise anything, but it is a possibility. Sorry for the vagueness!
Mon 12/02/07 at 23:49
Regular
on a seperate note, are there any plans for SSL support this
year?
Mon 12/02/07 at 23:32
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
rob_williams wrote:
> thats all cool, and i appreciate that you guys work hard to
> resolve these things as soon as possible. I work in the tech
> support line of a large organisation - a school in fact - and i
> know what its like when something stops working!
> i am just a bit concerned that there have been soooo many
> problems lately. I love the service that you guys provide and
> it has upto now been very reliable. keep up the good work and
> lets hope the problems are sorted soon! my original post
> wasnt a moan, it was just a query. :)
>
> on a seperate note, are there any plans for SSL support this
> year?

We have had some really bad issues recently, in a way I'm glad it's all happening at the same time, this way everything should be fixed and working all in one session - rather than perhaps minor issues throughout the next few months!

Thank you for the support, it's much appreciated, I cannot wait until it's all resolved :D
Mon 12/02/07 at 23:10
Regular
thats all cool, and i appreciate that you guys work hard to resolve these things as soon as possible. I work in the tech support line of a large organisation - a school in fact - and i know what its like when something stops working!
i am just a bit concerned that there have been soooo many problems lately. I love the service that you guys provide and it has upto now been very reliable. keep up the good work and lets hope the problems are sorted soon! my original post wasnt a moan, it was just a query. :)

on a seperate note, are there any plans for SSL support this year?
Mon 12/02/07 at 22:55
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
rob_williams wrote:
> Not sure if it is just me but things with freeola seem to be
> getting worse.
>
> in the last few weeks we have had:
>
> 1. loads of spam coming through on forms.
> 2. emails running really slow, taking sometimes upto 24 hours
> for emails to send or come through.
> 3. the server failures at the weekend.
> 4. intermitant ftp access to servers.
> 5. issues with transfering in .com domains.
>
> sure there is more!
>
> things always used to run so smooth and without any problems,
> but of late things are getting worse and there never seems to be
> a valid reason or a resolution to the problems...
>
> Freeola, whats going on?

Hey Rob,

Unfortunately yes, e-mails have been running a little slow from web forms, this has been due to a large amount of spammers on our systems slowing things up. This of course we are always looking into and are always spending time deleting spam accounts to reduce this delay.

Spam from forms them selves is always going to happen, we do try our best to stop this, but with improvements in spam programs and hacks in recent times, this is getting very difficult. If you do not already, it is certainly worth getting a security checker, either where you have to type in the security code of mixed numbers and letters, or perhaps where you have to type in a certain set code i.e. "What is 2+2?" This causes the user to enter a set answer to continue. I'm sure one of the regulars here will be able to help you with these if your not sure how to do them.

For some reason, yes, our servers have been having large issues causing people to have problems connecting too many of our services. I was in the office on Saturday to see it all go down, and it was most frustrating. We have been trying to resolve these as quickly as possible, but unfortunately again, a lot of these have been out of our control, and are down to some servers in London. Engineers were sent down and have been working hard to get them up and running again.

Your domain name was having issues the first time around, which again I can only apologise for, and again we did try to move that along as quickly as possible, but due to external factors with transferring domains between companies, this was delayed. Since trying again with the transfer, it does appear to be moving across a lot more easily.

Again our apologies for any issues and inconveniences in the last couple of weeks, we have been experiencing server problems, but we have been working hard to resolve them as quickly as possible.
Mon 12/02/07 at 21:27
Regular
Not sure if it is just me but things with freeola seem to be getting worse.

in the last few weeks we have had:

1. loads of spam coming through on forms.
2. emails running really slow, taking sometimes upto 24 hours for emails to send or come through.
3. the server failures at the weekend.
4. intermitant ftp access to servers.
5. issues with transfering in .com domains.

sure there is more!

things always used to run so smooth and without any problems, but of late things are getting worse and there never seems to be a valid reason or a resolution to the problems...

Freeola, whats going on?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.