GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Prince Of Persia and Beyond Good And Evil canned for GC and X-box?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/01/04 at 23:51
Regular
Taken from Cube-europe.com

"Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil, two highly anticipated games with good reviews, both only on PS2 at the moment. And it may stay that way.

Towards the end of last year Sony obtained the rights for both of these games to be exclusive for the PS2 during 2003 in Europe. This was seen as a good thing for them, but the titles have not been selling well.

Ubisoft's official website have removed the Xbox and GameCube game pages for these two titles, and Amazon do not have them listed either.

Ubisoft seem to have cancelled both of these titles for the Xbox and GameCube. The only way you can buy them is to import them or buy the PS2 versions.

Ubisoft have not officially spoken about it yet."

----------------------

Damn this better not be true. But quite why the hell they'd do this, they've both got fantastic reviews...surely they can't be selling that badly?

It just seems so unlikely...
Mon 05/01/04 at 17:44
Regular
D'you want fries with those words, C-E?
Mon 05/01/04 at 15:23
Regular
"thursdayton!"
See Cube-Europe: Ubi-Soft have confirmed BOTH titles are still on for the Cube this year, and the Europe dates will be confirmed "soon".

Good news.
Mon 05/01/04 at 11:52
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Dringo wrote:
> Also Nintendo gamers go for the more niche title like Viewtiful Joe
> for example and so said games is likely to do just as well on the
> Gamecube as PS2.

If that was the case then the titles wouldn't have bombed in the US (which is the main reason the PAL releases are looking doubtful)
Sun 04/01/04 at 23:58
Regular
I hate to say it but Maverick is right...

The games are already made for the Gamecube and X-box... how can yo canne games that are already made and on the shelves... C-E have done this before.

Also Nintendo gamers go for the more niche title like Viewtiful Joe for example and so said games is likely to do just as well on the Gamecube as PS2.
Sun 04/01/04 at 19:39
Regular
Is no-one listening to me? The GameCube and Xbox versions are COMPLETED and AVAILABLE in the USA. It is a simple PAL conversion for a lot more profit. Ubi Soft have confirmed it all and given a month of release, said nothing about cancellation and would be stupid to give up on them.

Especially considering the head developer on Beyond Good & Evil said his main inspiration was from Zelda.
Sun 04/01/04 at 18:50
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I was really looking forward to BG&E.. seemed like a cool quirky title, which I remember seeing over a year and a half ago in the form of a trailer on an NGC DVD.

NGC should do more DVDs.

Meh, anyway. I may import it if I decide I'm that bothered.
Sun 04/01/04 at 15:50
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
*Imports*
Sun 04/01/04 at 14:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I would of/will certainly of got/get them on either my lovely GC or my lovely Xbox.
Sun 04/01/04 at 13:55
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I hope this ain't true! I have Beyond Good and Evil and Prince Of Persia on the PS2 and both are excellent! I feel sorry for any person who really wanted these titles on the Gamecube and now they might have been canned! I thought POP and BGAE were selling well on the Ps2? BGAE has gone down to £19.99 in most shops so if you have a PS2 Buy it! :)
Sun 04/01/04 at 11:18
Regular
Auf deutsch wrote:
> Ubisoft's official website have removed the Xbox and GameCube game
> pages for these two titles, and Amazon do not have them listed
> either.

Oh my God! Let's draw ridiculous conclusions from this minimal evidence!

Does it not occur to cube-europe that the GameCube and Xbox versions are already out in the States?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.