GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is FoG too Gaming???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/08/01 at 23:03
Regular
I just want to share this with you.

I always come on FoG chat, very rarely do I visit prime. I come on here because it's a laugh, people don't take it too seriously and the posts are pretty funny. I even like the people here. But recently the topics are getting too serious.

I come on and only read two or three topics because all the others are to involved. I thought we had FoG prime for the serious posts, and this was just for chattin.

People complained about the quality of posts in here a while back, but I quite liked it like that.

Please return to that way!
Mon 20/08/01 at 23:03
Regular
"How Handy."
I just want to share this with you.

I always come on FoG chat, very rarely do I visit prime. I come on here because it's a laugh, people don't take it too seriously and the posts are pretty funny. I even like the people here. But recently the topics are getting too serious.

I come on and only read two or three topics because all the others are to involved. I thought we had FoG prime for the serious posts, and this was just for chattin.

People complained about the quality of posts in here a while back, but I quite liked it like that.

Mon 20/08/01 at 23:06
Whooo Style! wrote:
> I just want to share this with you.

I always come on FoG chat,
> very rarely do I visit prime. I come on here because it's a laugh,
> people don't take it too seriously and the posts are pretty funny.
> I even like the people here. But recently the topics are getting
> too serious.

I come on and only read two or three topics because
> all the others are to involved. I thought we had FoG prime for the
> serious posts, and this was just for chattin.

People complained
> about the quality of posts in here a while back, but I quite liked
> it like that.

one problem... i cannot post new topics on prime.. so I must post my own topic here.
Mon 20/08/01 at 23:10
Regular
Aren't we all up late.

Even though I am new here, I couldn't agree more. Even though I have recently had some hassle about my entries into Er-No's Extra Extra Gameaday Competition, it is still the greatest laugh to go in there. The entries have me in tears and it's an enjoyable thing to do.

But what I think has happened is that alot of people have seen who has won, and the majority of them are serious so they copy them to win either GAD of FAD.
Mon 20/08/01 at 23:15
Dr Cahalan wrote:
> Aren't we all up late.

Even though I am new here, I couldn't
> agree more. Even though I have recently had some hassle about my
> entries into Er-No's Extra Extra Gameaday Competition, it is still
> the greatest laugh to go in there. The entries have me in tears and
> it's an enjoyable thing to do.

But what I think has happened is
> that alot of people have seen who has won, and the majority of them
> are serious so they copy them to win either GAD of FAD.

Most people don't care about the winning here. I've been here for ages (533 days?... the oldest JAT ever!)... nad after a month people chat about things... not try to win gad.
Mon 20/08/01 at 23:18
Regular
It's chat about games......don't you know.
Mon 20/08/01 at 23:22
"possibly impossible"
Well, it is and it isn't Sniper. Just as FOG has always been 'not just games' FOG Prime needs cleaning up a bit and chat can be used for chatting about games and other things that do not fit into the other forums.

Don't forget, folks, that there are forums for DVD, Music, films, books, Life and sport etc as well as here. So really, as long as no-one SPAMs at all (which is really annoying, and that's an understatement) it should be ok to talk about anything else.
Mon 20/08/01 at 23:22
Regular
i've never actually tried to win GAD. i hardly ever start new topics. i'm just here becasue its fun. been here 200+ days and its still pritty fun.
Mon 20/08/01 at 23:26
Sniper wrote:
> It's chat about games......don't you know.

We have a whole room about life to chit chat in.
We have a room for short stories
We have a room for discussing the future of gaming

Everyone used fog for everything! The fog chta was set up because FOG was getting soooo many game topics on it! So the vhat one is more about chatting about fog, whereas prime is big stories about it
Tue 21/08/01 at 11:29
Regular
"always swirling"
Logan wrote:
Most
> people don't care about the winning here. I've been here for ages
> (533 days?... the oldest JAT ever!)... nad after a month people chat
> about things... not try to win gad.

i have been here for around 4 months and i have tried to win GAD every single day.(and failed every single day)

no matter how much you chatting you do, winning a game is always there in the back of your mind.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.