GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conversions from other consoles..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/08/01 at 20:57
Regular
I believe that Sony's consoles have, do and will benefit from games that proved to be sure hits on other machines. Companies decide to release games like that only if they sold many copies and proved favourites with gamers all over the world. This is why many of us are playing games like Crazy Taxi, Quake 3 Revolution and Unreal Tournament.And in the coming months we will be playing Resi Evil X and Soldier Of Fortune, not forgetting Half-Life.
Games that have been converted from PC and other consoles are more likely to be successful because many people who have heard of these games on other machines would want to see what the whole fuss is about.
Sometimes conversions fail miserably and companies lose money because of that.But luckily it doesnt happen very often and only PSone developers found converting top titles on other nachines to Sonys console a problem.
My point is that I would rather buy games that have been proved top class titles in the past than shell out on a game that noone knows about.
Tue 21/08/01 at 12:11
What about about Spy Hunter, the old spectrum classic? I think this game looks pretty damn good as well.
Mon 20/08/01 at 23:56
Regular
"Back For Good"
yeah i remember the first time i did that, i hadn't a clue where to go, it's just one full lap of the arcade.
Mon 20/08/01 at 23:35
Regular
"360: swfcman"
The final crazy box is quite hard though, its the toughest one.
Mon 20/08/01 at 23:34
Regular
"Back For Good"
Atomic_Koala wrote:
Nope, I aint
> had a proper go @ the crazy box levels because there was no
> incentive. But now there is, i'll have a bash at it. Is it hard?

probably first time round but afterwards it's a breeze
Mon 20/08/01 at 23:33
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I think 18 wheeler is out in November, could be wrong though.
Mon 20/08/01 at 23:32
Regular
speaking of conversions, does anyone know when 18 wheeler is coming out? i loved and played that game to death in the arcade.

will daytona ever come to the PS2?
Mon 20/08/01 at 22:23
< wrote:
> you got the bike yet? you get it by finishing all the crazy box
> things.

just ignore my name if it's gone funny, i'm just trying
> stuff

Nope, I aint had a proper go @ the crazy box levels because there was no incentive. But now there is, i'll have a bash at it. Is it hard?
Mon 20/08/01 at 22:20
Regular
"Back For Good"
you got the bike yet? you get it by finishing all the crazy box things.

just ignore my name if it's gone funny, i'm just trying stuff
Mon 20/08/01 at 22:18
<> wrote:
> yeah CT is great, whats everyone's highest score.

Mines around
> 11 thousand with an "awsome" licience hahaha

I've only had it two days, but my highest score is about 6,500 with an S license.
Mon 20/08/01 at 22:16
Regular
"Back For Good"
yeah CT is great, whats everyone's highest score.

Mines around 11 thousand with an "awsome" licience hahaha

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.