GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If I were to get a PS2...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Mon 05/01/04 at 23:27
Regular
"Remember me?"
...what games would you recommend? I'm only interested in exclusives, and I'd definately be getting Pro Evo 3.
Mon 05/01/04 at 23:27
Regular
"Remember me?"
...what games would you recommend? I'm only interested in exclusives, and I'd definately be getting Pro Evo 3.
Mon 05/01/04 at 23:34
SOCOM would be a good purchase, especially if you were to get the network adapter too. WRC2 was a good rally game and another exclusive. The Getaway had its moments but not as good as Vice City.
Gran Turismo is another great driving game. Theres always an eyetoy if you'd like that kind of thing...
Mon 05/01/04 at 23:36
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
SOCOM and get an eye toy and the eye toy play game as its always a laugh when mates are round.

They are the ones that come to mind straight away and then there are some great games out this year like
GT4
GTA4
MGS3
Socom2
Syphon filter omega strain
killzone

etc
Mon 05/01/04 at 23:36
Regular
"Remember me?"
I was thinking about SOCOM. Is it first person? Also, isn't the sequel out now / soon?

As for the EyeToy... I've taken all I can stand in regards to innovative game design after trying that out. :D
Mon 05/01/04 at 23:40
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
You can change the view in socom, usually run around in third person view and then change into first person view to take out the enemy from range etc.

Probably my favourite game of 2003, especially the online fun available. Socom 2 is out now in america and due out here in March.
Mon 05/01/04 at 23:41
SOCOM 2 is out in March some time I think, but I'd still get the first so you could get used to the gameplay and buttons, weapons, style etc. so when it comes to playing online or in the sequel you'll have a good knowledge of its features and configuration.
SOCOM is third-person but Im not sure if you can toggle between though?!? Will tell you once I get it in the week, or if someone does before me? :)
Mon 05/01/04 at 23:42
Just like that... :p
Tue 06/01/04 at 04:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Drazen wrote:

> SOCOM is third-person but Im not sure if you can toggle between
> though?!? Will tell you once I get it in the week, or if someone does
> before me? :)

By a simple press of the up button on the d-pad you can switch from 3rd to first person view, then another press will give you night vision or sniper view depending on the map and gun. If you have a gun that has a sniper view and it's a night map then it takes 3 presses of the up button to get to sniper view.
Tue 06/01/04 at 11:10
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> ...what games would you recommend? I'm only interested in exclusives,
> and I'd definately be getting Pro Evo 3.

Devil May Cry
Ico
Rez
Ratchet & Clank 2
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Maximo
Dark Chronicles

These spring to mind, although I'm sure there's more.
Tue 06/01/04 at 19:13
Regular
"Remember me?"
lalakersrule wrote:
> By a simple press of the up button on the d-pad you can switch from
> 3rd to first person view, then another press will give you night
> vision or sniper view depending on the map and gun. If you have a gun
> that has a sniper view and it's a night map then it takes 3 presses
> of the up button to get to sniper view.

On SOCOM in first person view, is it like in Ghost Recon where you can't actually see your gun? Also, what's SOCOM play like? Is there an emphasis on stealth or anything like that?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.