GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rainbow six 3 comming in March"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rainbow Six 3'.
Tue 06/01/04 at 11:30
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Yep one of Xbox lives biggest games will be out on the PS2 this March. Tom Clancy's Rainbow six 3 - A similar game to Socom so it looks like a good month if you like that type of game. Looks even better if you have a network adapter too.

Must admit I did consider getting an XBox after hearing how much fun this game was, then just decided to wait for Socom 2 but this just makes things even better.

Key features of the game:
Immersive storyline with spectacular events that directly affect gameplay

Groundbreaking Voice Command technology: instantly issue orders to your squad, like "Open and Frag" and "Breach and Clear," and hear them respond through the headset

Amazing online multiplayer gameplay with 3 adversarial modes for up to 8 players

Exclusive new split-screen mode for offline 2-player collaboration

Exclusive new mission and multiplayer maps

Squad-based, action-oriented gameplay keeps the excitement flowing – lead an international team of 4 elite operatives, each with their own look and personality

Movie-quality cinematics enhance the immersion in the world of Team RAINBOW

Incredible graphics and lighting effects

Trademark Tom Clancy realism
Wed 07/01/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Not bothered about the graphics as long as they're functional. Gameplay is what i'm bothered about. As long as it's good in that area that's all that matters to me.
Wed 07/01/04 at 16:14
Regular
Heh, good news I suppose it's good for PS2 owners, but looking at what a downgrading Max Payne 2 got, Rainbow Six 3 is gonna look pretty cr*p in comparison to it's X-box Brother.

Also, the revolutionary voice technology is great.

I told them (the team) that they were gay after they'd annoyed me, and he replied "Rodger, Holding Position"

Tards.
Wed 07/01/04 at 15:00
"I love yo... lamp."
From a PS2 owners point of view this is great new. Except I have the Xbox version already so I don't need another one. However the split screen mode would have been appreciated on the Xbox, I've wanted to play with a few friends but not them not having this or Live meant it wasn't possible.

Though as FM pointed out, it isn't the same team.

Still a fantastic game, but I think for online play the Xbox version will be far superior. Can have up to 16 people and still no lag if everyone has a decent connection. And then there is the hard drive for content downloads.

In short, if you have an Xbox get the Xbox version. If you only have a PS2 then it should still be worth getting.
Wed 07/01/04 at 12:46
Regular
Wouldn't get too hyped if I was you.

It's only gonna be 8 player online which amounts to a pitful maximum of 4 vs 4 and from early screenshots, the graphics have taken a massive downgrading from the Xbox version and the framerate still apparently suffers.

Do the sensible thing and get yaself an Xbox and Live.
Wed 07/01/04 at 12:40
Regular
"SOUP!"
I cannae wait.
Wed 07/01/04 at 06:21
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
AliBoy wrote:
> Trademark Tom Clancy realism

Just as long as they don't include Trademark Tom Clancy gameplay. Ubisoft published Ghost Recon on the PS2 and it was a glitch-fest. It's also worth bearing in mind that the developers for Rainbow Six on the PS2 aren't the same ones that did the XBox version.
Wed 07/01/04 at 04:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I must admit i was considering buying an Xbox for this game but luckily a couple of days before i was due to buy it off my friend i found out this was coming to PS2 so quickly told him to forget about it. This along with Socom 2 should keep my thirst for blood very satisfied
Tue 06/01/04 at 11:30
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Yep one of Xbox lives biggest games will be out on the PS2 this March. Tom Clancy's Rainbow six 3 - A similar game to Socom so it looks like a good month if you like that type of game. Looks even better if you have a network adapter too.

Must admit I did consider getting an XBox after hearing how much fun this game was, then just decided to wait for Socom 2 but this just makes things even better.

Key features of the game:
Immersive storyline with spectacular events that directly affect gameplay

Groundbreaking Voice Command technology: instantly issue orders to your squad, like "Open and Frag" and "Breach and Clear," and hear them respond through the headset

Amazing online multiplayer gameplay with 3 adversarial modes for up to 8 players

Exclusive new split-screen mode for offline 2-player collaboration

Exclusive new mission and multiplayer maps

Squad-based, action-oriented gameplay keeps the excitement flowing – lead an international team of 4 elite operatives, each with their own look and personality

Movie-quality cinematics enhance the immersion in the world of Team RAINBOW

Incredible graphics and lighting effects

Trademark Tom Clancy realism

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.