GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PlayOnline - Final Fantasy XI"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XI'.
Wed 07/01/04 at 00:59
Regular
Why can't I register as a uk resident so I can play Final Fantasy XI. I bought the game from HMV and having installed it without a hitch, I was very annoyed to get stumped on the PLAYONLINE registration question about suppling the country of residence when only given the choice of the USA and Canada. I looked for help, a word of support, perhaps a easy e-mail address to gain the answer. Not a thing. What is a multi national games empire doing releasing a game when you can't play the damn thing, worse what fools are loosing them sales as countless customers must be disappointedly returning their game for a refund because there is NO information on this problem.
Wed 07/01/04 at 02:01
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Final Fantasy XI hasn't been released in europe yet hence no option to register as a UK player. Some distributors have been importing it though which is what you have I guess.
You can still play however, register online with an american address (make one up) but when it comes to entering credit card details put in the correct details/country etc.. I have no personal experience of this, but found several sources stating this was possible and does work. Hope it helps anyway.
Wed 07/01/04 at 00:59
Regular
Why can't I register as a uk resident so I can play Final Fantasy XI. I bought the game from HMV and having installed it without a hitch, I was very annoyed to get stumped on the PLAYONLINE registration question about suppling the country of residence when only given the choice of the USA and Canada. I looked for help, a word of support, perhaps a easy e-mail address to gain the answer. Not a thing. What is a multi national games empire doing releasing a game when you can't play the damn thing, worse what fools are loosing them sales as countless customers must be disappointedly returning their game for a refund because there is NO information on this problem.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.