GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Steel Batallion: Line of Contact"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Steel Battalion'.
Wed 07/01/04 at 08:47
Regular
This looks fantastic. The first was very impressive, although I neglected to buy it because of the cost (and my potential lack of commitment to playing it through).

But this has Live support which automatically makes it a serious one-to-watch.

A..er..certain website has the game on preorder with a controller (same as first? Completely new?) for £129.99.

I may well buy this if it shapes up as well as it looks.

Your views?

p.s. You think it's worth it to hunt down the first game, maybe on ebay or something?
Thu 29/01/04 at 12:24
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
That was for the original game and controller, sold it last Christmas (2003), sold within of 2 hours of listing it on Ebay on Buy It Now. I still have the Lines Of Contact game but without a controller it is useless.
Thu 29/01/04 at 11:28
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Belldandy wrote:
>
> eBay prices have taken a tumble of late from what I've seen, I got
> £230 plus postage for mine...

How on earth did you get that much for it, was it before it was released here ?
Wed 28/01/04 at 22:18
Regular
It's a lot of damn money to fork out just for some fancy controller, isn't it? I mean, with the money you spent on that, you could spend several days playing arcade games in blackpool, and some of them have much better looking controllers.

There was an afterburner one there a while back which spun you round 360 degrees, like a gyroscope or whatever they're called. That was £2 a go. I think I'd rather pay for a weekends exploits on these machines than £150 on a game and controller which you will probably be bored of after a day anyway.
Wed 28/01/04 at 21:53
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I was part of the European Beta Test for Lines Of Contact before I sold my Xbox and the game itself.

Lines of Contact...all I'll say is I'd wait for a review first before buying the setup solely for Live play.

The original game is great in some ways but for me the novelty of the controller wore off because the game is very hard unless you have serious time to play it. I racked up 60 hours playtime and never got past level 4.

eBay prices have taken a tumble of late from what I've seen, I got £230 plus postage for mine...
Wed 28/01/04 at 13:45
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
just checked, there are 3 on ebay and cheapest one is £113 with a couple of days to go !
Sat 10/01/04 at 20:48
Regular
Kernal wrote:
> I have never played steel battalion games, what are they like? The
> main thing that made me not get them, is just the game and controller
> been £160! Thats mroe than the cost of my xbox with 3 games!!!

Exactly why I avoided it!
Sat 10/01/04 at 13:41
Regular
"wats up doc?"
ßulle††™ wrote:
> This looks fantastic. The first was very impressive, although I
> neglected to buy it because of the cost (and my potential lack of
> commitment to playing it through).
>
> But this has Live support which automatically makes it a serious
> one-to-watch.
>
> A..er..certain website has the game on preorder with a controller
> (same as first? Completely new?) for £129.99.
>
> I may well buy this if it shapes up as well as it looks.
>
> Your views?
>
> p.s. You think it's worth it to hunt down the first game, maybe on
> ebay or something?

I have never played steel battalion games, what are they like? The main thing that made me not get them, is just the game and controller been £160! Thats mroe than the cost of my xbox with 3 games!!!
Wed 07/01/04 at 18:36
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
If you buy the new game with the controller it includes the original.
Wed 07/01/04 at 17:25
Regular
"tokyo police club"
£130?

Even with the HUGE controller, it can't be worth it.
Wed 07/01/04 at 17:24
Regular
"Touched!"
Looking good is this, I think Savatt owns the first game, I may get this for my b'day but it is a tad expensive!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.