GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Multiple weekend E mail spam to Websites on Freeola"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/02/07 at 10:46
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Hi,

I have just picked up E mails from various Websites hosted on Freeola.

Have also had some forwarded from clients who recieved them and thought it was from me !!.
---------------------------------------------
A total of 7 E mails from: [email protected] with the text of being:

Hi,

I was just enquiring to see if you would a new website. I have a broad
portfolio for you to see and I guarentee you will be stunned by the prices!

Talk soon.

- Dan
-------------------------------------------

All have arrived via frontside website E mail address, but two must have been maually completed in contact forms as they require .php validation and the .php logs the website or location the form was sent from.

Maybe this is what has crashed the servers over the weekend ??, multiple spam E mails all targeting sites hosted on Freeola.

Dan
Mon 12/02/07 at 13:31
Regular
I am xpert at bad spelling no 1 can beet me! its my claim to faim! :-)

Webforms for me are still taking on average 2 to 3 days to get through the system, and its still the same answer from Freeola. No update other than a manager is looking into the problem.

Kev :-)
Mon 12/02/07 at 11:48
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Sorry, having a very crap spelling day !!!

The gmail.com is google mail, who is devient art.

I only mentioned it as I thought it may have a bearing on the weekends events, so maybe others will receive a backlog of spam E mails when they arrive.

Dan
Mon 12/02/07 at 11:29
"Are you sure?"
Dan 777 wrote:
> ...multi-pull spam E mails...

I thought this was some sort of new spam technique at first and started doing some research! But after I bit realised that you might actually have meant multiple !?! ;¬)

Looks like the 'repopulate' email belongs to another Dan at deviantART?

My FORM emails still seem to be lost in space - an update from Freeola would be nice...
Mon 12/02/07 at 10:46
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Hi,

I have just picked up E mails from various Websites hosted on Freeola.

Have also had some forwarded from clients who recieved them and thought it was from me !!.
---------------------------------------------
A total of 7 E mails from: [email protected] with the text of being:

Hi,

I was just enquiring to see if you would a new website. I have a broad
portfolio for you to see and I guarentee you will be stunned by the prices!

Talk soon.

- Dan
-------------------------------------------

All have arrived via frontside website E mail address, but two must have been maually completed in contact forms as they require .php validation and the .php logs the website or location the form was sent from.

Maybe this is what has crashed the servers over the weekend ??, multiple spam E mails all targeting sites hosted on Freeola.

Dan

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.