GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OFFICIAL Election Results from Tony"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/08/01 at 00:18
Regular
With all the Notables behind him pb is duly elected.

There was a close-run battle between Wookie Monster and Time_Warp with some dubious votes on both sides.

The votes which were disqualified are:

Robbie Williams vote for Dan2K1
Mech Warrior's vote for Spider
Munkey2001's vote for Dringo
semajal's vote for &^£something
Titan Warrior's vote for Time_Warp
MJSwerve's vote for Wookie Monster
Cal2K1's vote for Time_Warp
FREAK's vote for Dringo
Mech Warrior's vote for Time_Warp
Dringo is Dead (Freak of the Mr Dark)'s vote for Tony
ssxbro's vote for Wookiee Monster
Dav1d's vote for Time_Warp (voted twice)
Dav1d's vote for Seifer (voted twice)
Big Slow's vote for Time_Warp (55 seconds late)

In addition there were some concerns over absentee Newbies returning to the forums just to vote. These include my wife Fate. These people had the right to vote so they are allowed - and when totted up between the two main contenders they appear to equal each other out exactly! I would have done a little more research on this if I suspected that the outcome was affected.

Although semajal did make a spoof vote I accepted his apology and allowed his vote for Time_Warp.

With all the above in mind here is my final count. I apologise for any mistakes. Clearly some of the lower runners suffered a loss of votes due to people voting tactically for the main contenders.

Wookiee Monster 17
Time_Warp 15
Goatboy 9
pb 7
Dan2K1 7
Your Honour 5
Dringo 5
RastaBillySkank 4
Seifer 3
Turbonutter 2
New Jimmy 1
Delta Java 1
ShockTrooper 1
SnoopDoggyDan 1
jd99 1

In future only regulars will be allowed to vote. With this in mind I totted up the count of regulars for Wookiee and TW.

Wookiee Monster 14
Time Warp 9

The result measured this way is much clearer.

Commiserations to Time_Warp who mounted a spirited challenge, but Wookiee clearly deserves to be the winner and he will wear the burden of a gold name from tomorrow.

Thanks for Voting.
Mon 20/08/01 at 00:18
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
With all the Notables behind him pb is duly elected.

There was a close-run battle between Wookie Monster and Time_Warp with some dubious votes on both sides.

The votes which were disqualified are:

Robbie Williams vote for Dan2K1
Mech Warrior's vote for Spider
Munkey2001's vote for Dringo
semajal's vote for &^£something
Titan Warrior's vote for Time_Warp
MJSwerve's vote for Wookie Monster
Cal2K1's vote for Time_Warp
FREAK's vote for Dringo
Mech Warrior's vote for Time_Warp
Dringo is Dead (Freak of the Mr Dark)'s vote for Tony
ssxbro's vote for Wookiee Monster
Dav1d's vote for Time_Warp (voted twice)
Dav1d's vote for Seifer (voted twice)
Big Slow's vote for Time_Warp (55 seconds late)

In addition there were some concerns over absentee Newbies returning to the forums just to vote. These include my wife Fate. These people had the right to vote so they are allowed - and when totted up between the two main contenders they appear to equal each other out exactly! I would have done a little more research on this if I suspected that the outcome was affected.

Although semajal did make a spoof vote I accepted his apology and allowed his vote for Time_Warp.

With all the above in mind here is my final count. I apologise for any mistakes. Clearly some of the lower runners suffered a loss of votes due to people voting tactically for the main contenders.

Wookiee Monster 17
Time_Warp 15
Goatboy 9
pb 7
Dan2K1 7
Your Honour 5
Dringo 5
RastaBillySkank 4
Seifer 3
Turbonutter 2
New Jimmy 1
Delta Java 1
ShockTrooper 1
SnoopDoggyDan 1
jd99 1

In future only regulars will be allowed to vote. With this in mind I totted up the count of regulars for Wookiee and TW.

Wookiee Monster 14
Time Warp 9

The result measured this way is much clearer.

Commiserations to Time_Warp who mounted a spirited challenge, but Wookiee clearly deserves to be the winner and he will wear the burden of a gold name from tomorrow.

Thanks for Voting.
Mon 20/08/01 at 00:19
Regular
I just want to say congratulations to whoever wins.

You both deserve it.
Mon 20/08/01 at 00:20
I was a little close to punching through my monitor when that itle misled me! (:) I am a good loser though.
Mon 20/08/01 at 00:22
OH thank god this topic is set up.... keeping up with the midnight voters was hell! I composed the first list at 1155... which means that in 5 mins the result may have turned!
Mon 20/08/01 at 00:26
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Don't trust all these "cowboys" who are flying unoffical election results around. Whe just can't say for sure who has won.
Mon 20/08/01 at 00:27
Mantis wrote:
> Don't trust all these "cowboys" who are flying unoffical
> election results around. Whe just can't say for sure who has won.

that was me btw...

and what is wrong with unofficial results... they hype the election.. in fact the way the reult has changed from a 2 point lead to nothing in it is great! good reading
Mon 20/08/01 at 00:32
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Not just you mate but everyone really. Im just sayin we don't know for sure.
Mon 20/08/01 at 00:36
Mantis wrote:
> Not just you mate but everyone really. Im just sayin we don't know
> for sure.

ah... ok...

but just as a final word... I ALWAYS said in my results that it was unofficial, and most likely wrong. Also that the result was sooooo cose that it could be either one!
Mon 20/08/01 at 03:42
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Anyone else on here? I'm watching Summerslam live at the moment.
Mon 20/08/01 at 03:51
Regular
yeah ii'm still here. god dman shame that stone cold is still the champ. still good that ROCK got the wcw belt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.