GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need help with R63! *waits for laughter*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/01/04 at 07:06
Regular
I didn't think it would come to this, but I really need some advice on how to play better on R63 Live. No matter how hard I try, I seem to die almost instantly.

It doesn't bother me for a bit, but then it starts to grate as I'll go for ages without even hitting an opponent. Surely I can't be this bad!

Is there any tips on how to get an edge? I discovered my controller sensitivity was a little low so adjusted it to 5/6. It has helped a bit, but I'm still getting headshotted left, right and centre!

I mean, last night, in a game with Creepy, Tilta, Mattribute etc. I only got kills in a blind firefight (everyone in an office filled with teargas anyone?), so they were only lucky shots.

Help me out guys, I don't want to lose faith in this fantastic game!
Fri 09/01/04 at 07:06
Regular
I didn't think it would come to this, but I really need some advice on how to play better on R63 Live. No matter how hard I try, I seem to die almost instantly.

It doesn't bother me for a bit, but then it starts to grate as I'll go for ages without even hitting an opponent. Surely I can't be this bad!

Is there any tips on how to get an edge? I discovered my controller sensitivity was a little low so adjusted it to 5/6. It has helped a bit, but I'm still getting headshotted left, right and centre!

I mean, last night, in a game with Creepy, Tilta, Mattribute etc. I only got kills in a blind firefight (everyone in an office filled with teargas anyone?), so they were only lucky shots.

Help me out guys, I don't want to lose faith in this fantastic game!
Fri 09/01/04 at 11:13
Regular
ßulle††™ wrote:

> Is there any tips on how to get an edge?

Hey!

I joihned that teargas game - then quickly left to play a normal game :D

As for tips to get better:

Close all doors behind you - lets you know if someone is coming up behind.
Take your time - rushing in will end up in tragedy - unless ofcourse you're doing a suprise attack, but they're risky.
Crouch - it makes you a smaller target, therefore, harder to hit.
If you're playing with stereo or surround speakers, listen to where footsteps are coming from.

I'm sure others will come up with some tips too.
Fri 09/01/04 at 11:18
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Hey!

:D

Thanks for the tips. I've noticed that other people seem to be able to open the doors really easy. I find it a hassle, what with having to use the d-pad and stick at the same time. Is there some other configuration I don't know about?
Fri 09/01/04 at 11:20
Regular
If you want to open/close doors quickly, press the A button when the door symbol appears.

I didn't even know you could use the D-pad til yesterday!
Fri 09/01/04 at 11:24
Regular
Sodding training, telling me to use the d-pad! It may have said I could use A too, but I wasn't really taking much notice to be honest!

Thanks again, maybe now I won't get stuck behind a door like a cripple!

See you online sometime!
Fri 09/01/04 at 12:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Waaa!

I'll have Rainbow 6 and the headset.

No LIVE!

Waaaa!
Fri 09/01/04 at 12:37
Regular
Use a G3A3 or M16, the 2 best guns in the game.

Make sure you don't hold the fire button down and always use burst fire (tap at the fire button, firing off a couple of buttons at a time) it's a lot more accurate and you get very little kick back from the gun.

Try to stand still and crouch down when shooting, much more accurate.

If worst comes to worst, use remote mines (you'll most likely get sworn at a lot by annoyed people so only use that if there really is no other option)
Fri 09/01/04 at 14:28
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>(tap at the fire button, firing off a couple of buttons at a time)

Is there a new gun out that no-one is telling me about?
Fri 09/01/04 at 17:00
Regular
"Ye a know"
or you could use the m60 and let rip
it doesnt need reloading very often and you can shoot short bursts through doors to see if you can kill someone that might be in a small room or waiting to surprise attack you
Fri 09/01/04 at 20:14
Regular
its a gun that fires buttons off, sweet. my coat needs a new button on it. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.