GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need help with R63! *waits for laughter*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/01/04 at 07:06
Regular
I didn't think it would come to this, but I really need some advice on how to play better on R63 Live. No matter how hard I try, I seem to die almost instantly.

It doesn't bother me for a bit, but then it starts to grate as I'll go for ages without even hitting an opponent. Surely I can't be this bad!

Is there any tips on how to get an edge? I discovered my controller sensitivity was a little low so adjusted it to 5/6. It has helped a bit, but I'm still getting headshotted left, right and centre!

I mean, last night, in a game with Creepy, Tilta, Mattribute etc. I only got kills in a blind firefight (everyone in an office filled with teargas anyone?), so they were only lucky shots.

Help me out guys, I don't want to lose faith in this fantastic game!
Mon 12/01/04 at 02:56
Regular
For tips on Rainbow Six 3 I'd suggest reading my newly submitted walkthrough, although someone has already seen fit to give it a negative rating. I'm guessing that person is the greatest rainbow six player ever, I'd love to empty my FAMAS magazine in their unsuspecting skull :D. Although it doesn't tell you who voted, meh ......

Anyway have a look at my 'unhelpful walkthrough' if you've got a minute spare sometime ....
Sun 11/01/04 at 20:56
Regular
I swear on my copy of Rainbow 6 3 you only told me the crouch one. You also advised me that the weapon above the galil in the weapon select was good - but I haven't listed that in here.
Sun 11/01/04 at 19:13
Regular
"Remember me?"
Absolute BULL.
Sun 11/01/04 at 17:52
Regular
Dark Mark™ wrote:

> It was ME who trained Edgy to actually bother using those tactics, by
> the way. O.o

You advised I crouch more - the rest I worked out myself.
Sat 10/01/04 at 22:28
Regular
I've now worked out why Mattribute knows Organised Khaos.

Didn't realise you were off here.
Sat 10/01/04 at 21:06
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I would offer advice, but Dark Mark has said it all. Well, almost. Remember, Always look behind you to check that you're not being followed. Thermal let's you see through doors.
Sat 10/01/04 at 20:49
Regular
"Remember me?"
Edgy wrote:
> As for tips to get better:
>
> Close all doors behind you - lets you know if someone is coming up
> behind.
> Take your time - rushing in will end up in tragedy - unless ofcourse
> you're doing a suprise attack, but they're risky.
> Crouch - it makes you a smaller target, therefore, harder to hit.
> If you're playing with stereo or surround speakers, listen to where
> footsteps are coming from.

It was ME who trained Edgy to actually bother using those tactics, by the way. O.o
Sat 10/01/04 at 20:47
Regular
*something

Damn laptop keyboard!
Sat 10/01/04 at 20:46
Regular
Thanks Borat, that was a lot of advice - I'll take it into account next time I have the bottle to go back on!

Creepy, you must have bloody good hearing to have heard me *write* sonething! ;P

Thanks again, all of you. Hopefully I'll be able to provide you with a challenge in the near future - although I doubt it!
Sat 10/01/04 at 16:56
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Not quite as the AI is never as devious as humans. Only practise and
> some tactics makes you any good online. This I know as I am crap.
> Though I am a good sniper.

camper you mean! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.