GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 4 slips again"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Fri 09/01/04 at 15:50
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Surprise Surprise it's been delayed again, June/July release in Japan, so probably Xmas for us here in blighty.

Japanese developer Polyphony Digital is clearly striving its hardest to get as much out of the PlayStation 2 as possible with Gran Turismo 4; that's the good news. The bad news is that from a prospective release date sometime in the first quarter of 2004, GT4 has now slipped to the Summer.
Maddeningly, a spokesperson for Sony confirmed earlier today that the title would be delayed, in Europe at least, telling us: "It's looking like June or July now".

No reason was given for the delay, but considering the wild ambition of the title, it's reasonable to assume there will be numerous teething problems to overcome if the title is to live up to the series' great reputation. Industry watchers believe that implementing the network features in Europe, in particular, will be problematic.
Thu 15/01/04 at 09:22
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Do you trust Gamesmasters previews/reviews ? wouldn't trust them with my Mars bar.
Wed 14/01/04 at 17:41
Regular
i dunno if youve already seen but on the preview in games master gt4 got 60% just 4% more than barbie horse racing
Tue 13/01/04 at 13:37
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Any excuse for a delay seems the norm nowadays
Tue 13/01/04 at 01:36
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
That wouldn't explain why it's been delayed in the US or Japan now, would it?

But yeah, the European Network is a lot different to the other territories so that'll add a couple of months at least after the US launch. Then again, maybe it won't, you never know with these things...
Tue 13/01/04 at 01:15
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Apparently the delays are down to the online side of the game
Mon 12/01/04 at 17:40
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
What FM said.

Or, it had better follow that path anyway. Or AJ will be very, very annoyed.

Yup.
Mon 12/01/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Good things come to those who wait :)
(Tomb Raider is an exception).

I've still got to get all the golds on the Gran Turismo 3 licence tests anyway so I'm glad the fourth one got delayed a bit, gives me more time.
Mon 12/01/04 at 12:56
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Don't even joke about it !,
Sun 11/01/04 at 23:50
"High polygon count"
I reckon Polyphony have a prototype PS3 from Sony and are switching development to the new platform.

;-)
Fri 09/01/04 at 16:45
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Im expecting the game for 2004 cristmas season
You wait it will be delayed again

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.