GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ZX Spectrum $$$$$/£££££????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/08/01 at 17:51
Regular
I dug up a ZX Spectrum from the loft and found it in really good condition with manual etc. But is it worth anything? I hear it could be valuable?
Sun 19/08/01 at 17:51
I dug up a ZX Spectrum from the loft and found it in really good condition with manual etc. But is it worth anything? I hear it could be valuable?
Sun 19/08/01 at 18:40
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
One was recently auctioned on the internet for £122.00

That one was in its original box with all leads and manuals included, and was pretty much in mint original condition.

It wasn't even a 46k or a Spectrum +, it was just the original Spectrum.
Sun 19/08/01 at 18:46
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
ZX spectrums aren't worth that much as you can pick them up fully reconditioned from specilist retro retailers for around £50.
Sun 19/08/01 at 18:50
Oh - so I haven't struck a goldmine?

Oh well - back to pong!
Sun 19/08/01 at 18:51
Regular
"360: swfcman"
How about a Nes, Fully boxed, manual and leads, 2 pads and gun, 25 games with boxes and manual all in good condition?
Sun 19/08/01 at 19:54
Regular
ISS Pro wrote:
> How about a Nes, Fully boxed, manual and leads, 2 pads and gun, 25
> games with boxes and manual all in good condition?

I'd say about £60, but it depends an awful lot on what the games are. Bucky O'Hare, which is a rare anime NES game recently went on auction, cart only, and got £150.
Sun 19/08/01 at 19:58
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
You seem very well informed FM - you don't actually work on an auctioning site, or in a games shop do you? Or do you simply find all this stuff out for us?
Sun 19/08/01 at 20:08
Regular
I use the auction sites quite regularly to find old DC games, or rarer items, so I'm used to the layout. I just did a quick search on all completed auctions with the word NES in the title and description, that's how I found out about the Bucky O'Hare price and the ZX Spectrum price earlier.
Sun 19/08/01 at 20:11
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Aha - I see, does it work for you that way? I mean, does searching the auction sites sort of 'reward' you with nice and cheap old games then? Do you find that you save more money that way or summat?

Hmmm, quite interesting this...
Sun 19/08/01 at 20:35
Regular
On the old out-of-date stuff yes, you can buy literally anything on auction sites, so those hard to get titles are usually there, you've just got to bid the right price to get them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.