GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game prices"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/08/01 at 17:26
Regular
Can somebody please tell me why second hand N64 games are cheaper than second hand SNES games? I can't for the life of me figure it out....
Sun 19/08/01 at 17:26
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Can somebody please tell me why second hand N64 games are cheaper than second hand SNES games? I can't for the life of me figure it out....
Sun 19/08/01 at 17:35
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Sentimental value. The gamers who used to love the old SNES games now are mostly grown ups with more disposable income, therefore the SNES game market has increased prices due to the demand.

The N64 fans are younger, don't have such high earnings, therefore the N64 2nd hand market is a little depressed at the moment, but should pick up in 3 or 4 years time as the sentimental value and buyers' incomes increase.
Sun 19/08/01 at 17:35
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
It is a subject that confuses even the most sound of mind in this country. I thinkits because more copies of N^$ games were made than of SNES games, making SNES games harder to come by. Supply and Demand.
Sun 19/08/01 at 22:46
Regular
I think that Snes games are a bit harder to come by.

Also, cheap N64 games are normally either crap or so good that most people already have them.
That's why they're not such hot sellers at higher prices.

If you go into Prime though, check the topic about buying a Snes. Someone found one at an auction site for £3:50 with 6 games...
Sun 19/08/01 at 22:48
Regular
yeah your right. mario kart on the snes is very hard to come buy and you are lucky if u can find somone stupid enough to part with it. i paid £10 for a copy a few months back. if i can find any more i will buy them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.