GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Frontline/Rising sun"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/01/04 at 14:05
Regular
"BOSE"
i was gonna rent out NFS: underground (everyone's telling me to buy it), but the place didn't have it so i picked up MOH frontline instead. completed most of it (i think). brilliant game in my opinion. can anyone say if rising sun is better or...? it's in the top 20 on SR and HMV
Sun 11/01/04 at 21:31
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
My mate works at EA so I asked him to get my Tiger Woods 04 and Rising Sun for my Xbox.
Rising Sun is bloody rubbish. Poor controls, dodgy collision detection and a linear route coupled with jerky movement makes for a poor war game.
Sun 11/01/04 at 21:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Edgy wrote:
> The original cotton/silk comment is the kind of crap Victoria Beckham
> is coming out - due to 6 times as many singles being sold by Michelle
> from pop-idol in competition with her own single.

Ah, but this time it's actually about something minorly important.
Sun 11/01/04 at 19:22
"I love yo... lamp."
Kernal wrote:

> Rising sun is better and much more improved than the previus one

Oh how I laughed.
Sun 11/01/04 at 19:21
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> The original cotton/silk comment is the kind of crap Victoria Beckham
> is coming out - due to 6 times as many singles being sold by Michelle
> from pop-idol in competition with her own single.

Michelle won?

Crikey. D'you think she'll be big? ;D
Sun 11/01/04 at 19:18
Regular
Frontline, Underground and Rising Sun are all poor, uninspired games that sadly topped the charts because of stupid, stupid people. Don't be one of them.
Sun 11/01/04 at 18:53
Regular
"wats up doc?"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Rising Sun is abominable. Lots of people thought it would be as good
> as all the other MOH's so bought it.
>
> Except the team that made all the old MOH's left to make Call Of Duty
> on the PC. Rising Sun is very poor indeed. Don't touch it with a
> barge pole.

Rising sun is better and much more improved than the previus one; Front line. But still, not that good. The first level is EXCEllENT but as you play the game, the goodness of the levels seem to fade!!!!
Sat 10/01/04 at 18:05
Regular
The original cotton/silk comment is the kind of crap Victoria Beckham is coming out - due to 6 times as many singles being sold by Michelle from pop-idol in competition with her own single.
Sat 10/01/04 at 18:00
Regular
"Remember me?"
Cyclone wrote:
> Why buy cotton (or in ths case muddy rags) when you can have silk?

You might have a silk allergy, thus making buying silk quite stupid.
Sat 10/01/04 at 17:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Save your money.

NFS:U and the two MOH games are vastly inferior to other games in their respective genres. Why buy cotton (or in ths case muddy rags) when you can have silk?
Sat 10/01/04 at 17:16
Regular
I've enjoyed Rising Sun myself. The only major criticisms I've heard is that it is more of the same, and the graphics, although aren't worse than Frontline, aren't quite to the standards people expect nowadays.

If you like Frontline, give it a try - but make sure you can take it back if you don't like it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.