GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life 2 offer from ATI"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Mon 12/01/04 at 11:01
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I have just had a new computer built and it came with a Radeon 9600 XT, nothing special but on the front of the box it says you will get a FREE copy of half life 2 when it’s released. Inside if gives you instructions on how to get it, basically when it’s released you can either download it from ATI’s website or have it sent to you on a CD but you have to pay postage. I don’t know if they are doing it with all there graphics cards but if you’re in the market for a new card have a look for the sticker on the box.
Thu 15/01/04 at 20:32
Regular
I am awaiting a delivery of a 9800 XT 256mb with the Half Life 2 voucher. I cadany wait!
Thu 15/01/04 at 20:20
gah i can't wait for it to come out. Especially so i can get my hands on the new hammer and start making maps for it.
Wed 14/01/04 at 18:56
Half Life 2 we're talking about?
Wed 14/01/04 at 12:33
Regular
"A man with a stick"
damn, I bought my Radeon 9600 before this offer started, but no matter, HL2 is one of those games I would gladly spend £30, unless it turns out crap that is.
Tue 13/01/04 at 23:12
Tsk, I got a 9600 with my computer, and I think it was while ATI were offering the free HL2; but als, no coupon or slip. I shall have to buy it like a damn consumer.
Tue 13/01/04 at 20:08
"I love yo... lamp."
I got a 9600XT as well recently, if you enter the code on the ATI website now, it will gives you a free Steam subscription letting you download Half Life, Counter Strike etc now and Half Life 2 when it makes it out.

The 9600XT is a seriously good card for 256 Mb and under £140. Doesn't even need a power connection like some cards do.
Tue 13/01/04 at 07:17
Regular
adrian wrote:
> Both Single and Multi, thats why I put single-player/multi-player.

D'oh! So you did.
Mon 12/01/04 at 23:14
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
ßulle††™ wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> I wonder if its just the single player or the
> singl-player/multi-player
> version as there are going to be 2 versions.
>
> Will that be Multiplayer only then? Or will the second version have
> Single & Multi in one?

Both Single and Multi, thats why I put single-player/multi-player. As gerriod_the_princess said there is also a better version that can do use mods etc, so I think theres 3 versions.

Some people only want Single player, others want to have multi-player as well as single player, and others want to have mods running. So they were going to release different versions for different prices, then if you wanted to upgrade you could pay some money and get the upgrade. Dont know if there still doing this or not.
Mon 12/01/04 at 20:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Single & Multi.
I think there's a Deluxe version as well with Mod support and creation kit or something. Plus you can download the newest updates/patches etc for free if you get that version.
Maybe that's been scrapped though.
Mon 12/01/04 at 11:14
Regular
adrian wrote:
> I wonder if its just the single player or the singl-player/multi-player
> version as there are going to be 2 versions.

Will that be Multiplayer only then? Or will the second version have Single & Multi in one?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.