GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's in a name?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/08/01 at 23:45
Regular
I'm bored so I thought I'd take loads of people in the forums and suggest what games they like just because of their names. Remember I have really no idea of what games people like as I don't really notice.. :). So I am just guessing based on what your names like. People like Dan2k weren't done as they didn't have unusual names that I could do anything with unlike Ant. Also some people I just couldn't do... if you know what I mean. Tell me if I'm right with any of them... it would be interesting.

Ant - a very simple creature maybe simple in choice of games. I think it can be said he likes a range of games none in particular.. whatever takes his fancy.

Fantasymeister - RPG games with a fantasy world feel to them ie. final fantasy.

Meka Dragon - RPG games again I am led to believe.

Grix Thraves - a hard one. A complicated name so maybe he's a bit picky about what games he likes. I'm guessing he's very critical of games and notices all of their bad points. ie. He will only play good games with good graphics - basically all the top notch ones.

Sniper - I'm guessing shoot em ups :)

M16 - Shoot em ups again.. :)

Time Warp - A hard one but RPGs I think. However I think he'd like more action/adventure ones.

Turbonutter - Racing games? Maybe a fan of the likes of games like Grand Theft Auto and Crazy Taxi.

Goatboy - Goats get a common mention in communities like Counter-strike and Quake so I'm guessing he's a fan of online first person shooter games.

er-no - Another hard one... but I reckon he is picky like Grix about which games he plays. They have to be near perfect or Er-no will flip.

Your Honour - Gives all games a fair chance but in the end either likes them or doesn't and is critical when he doesn't.

Sheepy - God sims I'm thinking like Black and White.. also maybe likes platform games?

RastaBillySkank - I'm guessing he likes wrestling games but probably doesn't like the sport. He's a hard one.

Armitage Shanks - It has to be shoot em up games I'm sure. He's into blowing stuff up big time.

Monkey with Attitude - the likes of Black and White please Monkey with attitude.

SXPro - sport games

Jet - flight games where you get to attack things kind of like in Rouge Squadron I'm guessing.

Darkness2k - Darkness likes any type of game but does like games with a dark sinister feel.. he also likes mysterious games where you don't know something but find it out if you know what I mean. Probably likes Resident Evil I wouldn't know.

Were my predictions better than Mystic Megs? Were they ??? They weren't? Damn I'm bad.. :D
Sat 18/08/01 at 23:45
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I'm bored so I thought I'd take loads of people in the forums and suggest what games they like just because of their names. Remember I have really no idea of what games people like as I don't really notice.. :). So I am just guessing based on what your names like. People like Dan2k weren't done as they didn't have unusual names that I could do anything with unlike Ant. Also some people I just couldn't do... if you know what I mean. Tell me if I'm right with any of them... it would be interesting.

Ant - a very simple creature maybe simple in choice of games. I think it can be said he likes a range of games none in particular.. whatever takes his fancy.

Fantasymeister - RPG games with a fantasy world feel to them ie. final fantasy.

Meka Dragon - RPG games again I am led to believe.

Grix Thraves - a hard one. A complicated name so maybe he's a bit picky about what games he likes. I'm guessing he's very critical of games and notices all of their bad points. ie. He will only play good games with good graphics - basically all the top notch ones.

Sniper - I'm guessing shoot em ups :)

M16 - Shoot em ups again.. :)

Time Warp - A hard one but RPGs I think. However I think he'd like more action/adventure ones.

Turbonutter - Racing games? Maybe a fan of the likes of games like Grand Theft Auto and Crazy Taxi.

Goatboy - Goats get a common mention in communities like Counter-strike and Quake so I'm guessing he's a fan of online first person shooter games.

er-no - Another hard one... but I reckon he is picky like Grix about which games he plays. They have to be near perfect or Er-no will flip.

Your Honour - Gives all games a fair chance but in the end either likes them or doesn't and is critical when he doesn't.

Sheepy - God sims I'm thinking like Black and White.. also maybe likes platform games?

RastaBillySkank - I'm guessing he likes wrestling games but probably doesn't like the sport. He's a hard one.

Armitage Shanks - It has to be shoot em up games I'm sure. He's into blowing stuff up big time.

Monkey with Attitude - the likes of Black and White please Monkey with attitude.

SXPro - sport games

Jet - flight games where you get to attack things kind of like in Rouge Squadron I'm guessing.

Darkness2k - Darkness likes any type of game but does like games with a dark sinister feel.. he also likes mysterious games where you don't know something but find it out if you know what I mean. Probably likes Resident Evil I wouldn't know.

Were my predictions better than Mystic Megs? Were they ??? They weren't? Damn I'm bad.. :D
Sat 18/08/01 at 23:47
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Do my name please!! :)
Sat 18/08/01 at 23:51
I like the names, I chose mine because Seifer is my favourite character from every game ever made.

I know that RastaBillySkank has his name from the Red Dwarf series, it's Lister's favourite group!
Sun 19/08/01 at 00:17
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
ISS Pro wrote:
> Do my name please!! :)

mm I wonder.. a fan of football I'm guessing ;-)

And Seifer I'm guessing RPGs.. I've never heard of a character with that name but it sounds RPGish
Sun 19/08/01 at 00:28
And what about mine?
Sun 19/08/01 at 00:31
Rakuga wrote:
> ISS Pro wrote:
> Do my name please!! :)

mm I wonder.. a fan
> of football I'm guessing ;-)

And Seifer I'm guessing RPGs.. I've
> never heard of a character with that name but it sounds RPGish

Seifer is one of the bad guys from Final Fantasy 8
Sun 19/08/01 at 00:32
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
and me... i have been on the site 531 days and am never in stories
Sun 19/08/01 at 00:35
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
NiGHTS!: Protector of dreams
SonicRav: Fast, cool, blue
Aladin Sane: gay alien. Sins gay alien songs (that's ziggy actually... doh!)
Elliot: NiGHTS! in daytime
Er-yes: April fool
Marioman: Shigsy's top programmer... april fool

Those are all me
Sun 19/08/01 at 00:35
Armitage Shanks: Toilet cleaning simulator 1997 inspired.
Sun 19/08/01 at 00:38
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
M16... a road
bob... the oldest message stored on the server is by bob. who is he!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.