GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NOTHING IS WORKING"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/02/07 at 14:37
Regular
Having been with freeola for over 7 years, problems have been dealt with quite quickly, but the current one is causing me great stress. Is this going to be the end of FREEOLA…? I hope not, but I have many many customers who are now demanding that I switch them to a dedicated server. If this problem is not sorted today.

I am sure I am not alone here but why do problems always occur at the weekends. You need to employ technical staff at weekends guys. Hope you sort this today.
Sun 11/02/07 at 18:56
Regular
Well the friend on BT was quoting BT call centre that they were having problems, seemingly there is a lot of snow in England and thats what has caused some of the problems?

I can report that here in the Scottish Borders we appear to have missed all the snow yet again.

Kev
Sun 11/02/07 at 17:33
"Are you sure?"
Not sure if you're right about the more widespread problems...

Everything has been working fine for me today apart from FTP access to sites on server 0 and 8.

I'm sure this will be resolved tomorrow.
Sun 11/02/07 at 02:09
Regular
Just to add to this thread I can tell you that what ever caused todays problem was not isolated to only Freeola! I had friends who use BT, AOL, Tiscali, and Orange all reporting outages today so reading between the lines I suspect that this problem today may well have been an issue with BT Wholesale? you know the guys who actually own all the lines?

On the subject of freeolas service its first class always polite cheery and based in the UK no overseas call centre!!!! now that in my opinion is well worth every penny of the monthly charge.

I am sure they will have staff in at weekends and over night ? it may be that they just do not answer phones then?

Kev
Sat 10/02/07 at 18:44
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
I too agree with Hmmm...,

As I pointed out the status page DID acknowledge the fault....... well no ones perfect.

If your clients want a 27 / 7 guaranteed service let them pay for it, if a few hours 'down time' is such a problem out of 365 days of the year then by all means let them pay royaly for this 'short' descrepency.

I did informed my clients asap and they were grateful to know !!

One of my earliest / current Freeola user id's is: SR016 so I too have been here as a customer for a while, I haven't found the need to relocate as soon as a problem arises.

Let it ride, a few hours on a weekend isn't the end of the world, or all customers sites.

Chill & enjoy Sunday.
Dan
Sat 10/02/07 at 17:32
"Are you sure?"
MarkM wrote:
> Having been with freeola for over 7 years, problems have been
> dealt with quite quickly, but the current one is causing me
> great stress. Is this going to be the end of FREEOLA…? I
> hope not, but I have many many customers who are now demanding
> that I switch them to a dedicated server. If this problem is not
> sorted today.
>
> I am sure I am not alone here but why do problems always occur
> at the weekends. You need to employ technical staff at weekends
> guys. Hope you sort this today.

Hi MarkM,
I've also got many sites with Freeola spread over all their servers - so the majority of my sites have been unavailable today.

I'm a picky so-and-so but realise that computer problems (hardware failures or servers that have crashed and need rebooting locally etc.) do sometimes happen.

It's not unusual for me to be the first to point out a failure and I often wish Freeola had been quicker to update their Service Status page when problems arise - but didn't have a problem today.

Seeing that the Status page acknowledged the problem I was happy the resolution was in hand.

To say "Is this going to be the end of Freeola" is a bit OTT!
I'm sure your clients like mine are more than happy with Freeola's hosting charges - if they "demand to switch to a dedicated server" I hope they will be as happy with the additional costs that will bring.

I've been with Freeola around the same time as you and this is the first time they've had an outage like this for quite a while. 2001 was the last long lasting serious issue I can recall.

Your profile shows your userid has been registered just over a year (I see your site was registered in 2000) - Your profile also says this is your first post - so welcome to the forums!

I hope you will be able to post more in the future...

It looks like Freeola have started taking recovery actions - the email service and freeola.com went unavailable but has been returned. Some web servers are still unavailable but I'm sure they will be back soon.
Sat 10/02/07 at 15:01
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Yip have to agree,

Have just had a quick check about all my sites, on server numbers one & three there working OK. BUT all on servers 4 & five are not available.

The problem is flagged on the status page though !!.

Thanks. Dan
Sat 10/02/07 at 14:37
Regular
Having been with freeola for over 7 years, problems have been dealt with quite quickly, but the current one is causing me great stress. Is this going to be the end of FREEOLA…? I hope not, but I have many many customers who are now demanding that I switch them to a dedicated server. If this problem is not sorted today.

I am sure I am not alone here but why do problems always occur at the weekends. You need to employ technical staff at weekends guys. Hope you sort this today.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.