GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Counterstrike - tell me about it"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter Strike'.
Tue 13/01/04 at 19:30
Regular
Tomorrow, I can get hold of Counterstrike for Xbox for less than £20.

I need to know if it is good first though.

So, what is it like?
What's the single player like?
What's the Live play like?

I want honest opinions - no, "Best game evah!" crap.

Cheers.
Tue 13/01/04 at 19:30
Regular
Tomorrow, I can get hold of Counterstrike for Xbox for less than £20.

I need to know if it is good first though.

So, what is it like?
What's the single player like?
What's the Live play like?

I want honest opinions - no, "Best game evah!" crap.

Cheers.
Tue 13/01/04 at 20:06
Regular
"Remember me?"
Before each game, each player has a certain amount of money to spend on guns, ammo and equipment. During each game, you will earn money for winning the match and extra money for kills, etc.

There are 2 game modes, Bomb Disposal and Hostage Rescue. In each game you play as either Terrorists or Counter-Terrorists; in Hostage Rescue, it's the CTs' job to either rescue the hostages or take down every terrorist, while its' the terrorists' job to kill all the CT forces; and in Bomb Disposal, its' the terrorists' job to plant a bomb in one of 2 bomb sites, that will blow up after a short while, and the CTs must either kill all the terrorists or, if the bomb has been planted, defuse the bomb.

This is basically the basis of the entire game. Like Unreal Championship, Counter-Strike's games are essentially all multiplayer games, only in Counter-Strike the "single player" isn't arranged into any kind of tournament ladder or anything.
Tue 13/01/04 at 20:09
Regular
Get it for a lot less on PC. Sorted.
Tue 13/01/04 at 20:09
Regular
"Touched!"
It's an ok game but not on par with R6 in my opinion, but for under £20 I'd certainly recommend it, graphics are nothing special and it's very straight foward, it's a game you'll either love or hate, don't expect an R6 3 beater!
Tue 13/01/04 at 20:10
"I love yo... lamp."
Was there a subtle hint in the tomorrow less than £20 bit?
Tue 13/01/04 at 20:11
Regular
"Remember me?"
It's a mixture of realism and arcade styles. You get the real-world (though not with their real names) weapons and damage, only with the fast and frantic running-and-jumping-all-over-the-place style of Unreal and Quake III.
Tue 13/01/04 at 20:19
Regular
Thanks to Mark, I think I'll give it a go.

If I don't like it, I'm sure some sucker of a local store will take it off my hands for £20, or maybe even more :D

As for the 'get it on PC' comment - I'd rather get it on Xbox - I prefer online gaming on my Xbox than PC.
Tue 13/01/04 at 20:21
"I love yo... lamp."
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Was there a subtle hint in the tomorrow less than £20 bit?

Oh come on, answer me!
Tue 13/01/04 at 20:34
Regular
I just know somewhere selling it for less than £20.
Tue 13/01/04 at 20:46
Regular
I prefer it to R63 at the moment - because I am still crap at that game!

I recommend it as long as you don't expect all-out realism. Everything is dumbed-down (as it were) compared to R63.

I doubt you'll hate it, but you may not love it if R63 is more your cup o' tea.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.