GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Region X"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/01/04 at 10:44
Regular
I know this has been asked before, but I'm desperate for a Region X whatsitmejigga for my xbox. I know they USED to exist, as some sites still have them advertised, but with 'out of stock' at the bottom. Were they discontinued or something? I tried ebay but no luck. Is it too much to ask to make my xbox multi region?

Any help would be sweet as.
Wed 14/01/04 at 10:44
Regular
I know this has been asked before, but I'm desperate for a Region X whatsitmejigga for my xbox. I know they USED to exist, as some sites still have them advertised, but with 'out of stock' at the bottom. Were they discontinued or something? I tried ebay but no luck. Is it too much to ask to make my xbox multi region?

Any help would be sweet as.
Wed 14/01/04 at 13:17
Regular
I don't think they were ever released in the first place. I think Xboxes are region-free to begin with, then have their region set permanently depending on the first DVD you play in it. Or I might have made that up.
Wed 14/01/04 at 13:28
Regular
Not sure about that, but there is picture of it here :

http://www.lik-sang.com/ info.php?category=87&products_id=1935

if you click on it to enlarge, you'll notice it says 'For Xbox' on the case. This is what made me believe they did exist, but were withdrawn.

I thought it was pretty much commonplace to have all DVD players multiregion these days, I'm unsure as to why microsoft would want their little box to be region 2 only.
Wed 14/01/04 at 13:32
Regular
As far as i know, it's never been released. I looked into them when i first got my Xbox, Datel were planning one but I don't think it ever got a release.
Wed 14/01/04 at 13:35
Regular
dang.

I may just fork out for a new DVD player then when I've a got a bit of spare cash, as I do want to have the ability to watch R1 films.
Wed 14/01/04 at 22:23
"Lemon eyewash"
i heard buying the US dvd remote works for R1 discs and having a uk remote will play UK discs
Wed 14/01/04 at 23:35
Regular
~X The Master X~ wrote:
> i heard buying the US dvd remote works for R1 discs and having a uk
> remote will play UK discs

sounds daft - can you back that up with anything. I'd rather not fork out for such things to find it doesn't work.

I really can't see how that would work - after all, it's just a remote, it doesn't read the discs.
Thu 15/01/04 at 11:15
Regular
I'm 98% certain using a US DVD remote would NOT work on a PAL system - reason being the NTSC games would still not work.
Thu 15/01/04 at 11:19
Regular
But I want to watch my Region 1 DVD!

*throws little girly tantrum*
Thu 15/01/04 at 11:22
Regular
I reccomend checking out your local Debenhams - they're closing their media sections and so are selling off all their stock VERY cheap. You might find a multi-region player there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.