GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Topic Every Time You Enter"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/08/01 at 19:07
Regular
Now my topic I wish to talk about is making a topic. After I have finished writing this and the chat room hsa been set up every 10 minutes I'll have a look to see how it is doing and also to notice if people have stuck to the conversation.

In my opinion the whole internet chat thing is 'The Matrix', nothing is real. You could speak to someone who lives 25 miles from you and you just talk to them, typing question and getting the replies you want. And you see that is the fake part about it. They are the replies you would like to hear, and I doubt a lot of the time they are the truth.

Because of this I don't waste my time in chat rooms anymore. The difference with this place is that it is not a regular chat room. You don't come in here for a girl/boy friend and you certainly don't come in here to send abuse to other people. But of course where ever you do go there are idiots. And that is the case with this place.

The SR team have done a fantastic job of putting this website and the company together, and we should thank them for it, in fact I am going to thank them for it. Thank you lads and ladies. But what people are beginning not to appreciate is the amount of hard work they put in to do this.

I would say 90% of people come here to get themselves a free game or a free dvd. I entered just for something to do, something to contribute and after 2 days of trying somehow I won a dvd. And you probally think I'm lying but I don't even have a dvd player so what would be the point in entering a dvd competition if you can't watch it?

The point is satisfaction. The thrill of winning. On that certain day I don't know how but the SR team thought mine was better than the rest of the entries and it was a great feeling to win.

But now back onto my main topic. I'll try and keep it short as other wise this will go on for another page. To create a room, you need to get someone's attention. So how do you do it? I look around the rooms and see, what I find, very intresting topics. For example 'Playing God' which I'm not sure whether he/she did win that day but they, in my opinion, deserved to.

Now the thing with that room was only 6 people had posted a message meaning. The title didn't intrest people or they couldn't be bothered to say anything. Then you see room's such as World Record Attempt.....Spam Thread. Now to me this room is pointless and the created should be banned from this site.

They title is obviously the main part of the chat room, as that's all you need for people to enter. You could have the best title and the worst topic, but either way your room is flooded with people.

So my topic is how do you make someone intrested in entering your chat room?
Sat 18/08/01 at 23:52
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Dr Cahalan wrote:
> Tony, can you win games? And also how do you become a memeber of
> staff?

Tony is the big cheese of Special Reserve so he cannot win games. Isn't he a kind man.
Sat 18/08/01 at 21:08
Regular
You can also get a degree in a good subject that might imrpove your chances of being slightly intelligent. Just a hint
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:35
Would you have to go to lectures to learn how to speak like Elvis correctly?

A room full of leather jacket wearing greaseballs chanting "Uh huh huh" and swinging their hips. Earth is great.
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:32
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> (You can get a degree in Elvis you know. That would be amusing.)

I'm not sure if Sniper could.

(only joking Snipe)
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:25
Regular
(You can get a degree in Elvis you know. That would be amusing.)
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:24
Regular
BSc (Hons) Good luving.
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:22
Regular
I don;t know! Ask tony.
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:10
Regular
Sniper wrote:
You can become a member of staff if you work with SR!

How old do you have to be to do that? Need any qualifications? And if so what in?
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:06
I came here to win, I saw the "win a Game" banner and went to the forums. I come here to have fun now.
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:05
Regular
"<];o)"
Dr Cahalan wrote:

I would say 90% of
> people come here to get themselves a free game or a free dvd.

That sentence isn't exactly correct. It is more like 90%of people come to this forum to win a game, but then realise there is more to it. The other 10% are peoplewho have been asked by friends or have just stumbled across the FOG by accident.

(;o|

p.s Does anyone else find it annoying when people refer to this site as Gameaday????

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.