GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Socom - Quick question"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SOCOM: US Navy Seals'.
Wed 14/01/04 at 21:19
"cheerios"
Having never played socom before, I have a quick question. On the single player, with the headset, does your team respond to different things when you say things or is the headset and speaker thing strictly for the online play? Just wanted to get that cleared out of the way.
Fri 23/01/04 at 09:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Yes.
Wed 21/01/04 at 20:03
Regular
": ("
Hey Fantasy Miester, you've got SOCOM online haven't you.I've seen your name on there.
Sat 17/01/04 at 23:51
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Killer Nightmare wrote:
> So would you advise the second game as a GAD claim, or should I wait
> and get something better like Metal Gear Solid 3 when they put that
> up on the system?

If you have the network adapter and are online with your PS2 then I would say this one is a must have, its going to be huge online when it gets released and plenty of fun. I finished the single player missions earlier which were all fun, going to play through them on the harder levels because there is quite a few ways to go about each of the missions.

All in all a very fun game. Also MGs3 isn't out till the end of the year.
Fri 16/01/04 at 18:02
"cheerios"
So would you advise the second game as a GAD claim, or should I wait and get something better like Metal Gear Solid 3 when they put that up on the system?
Thu 15/01/04 at 19:40
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
AliBoy wrote:
> Also got some SAS guys in my team for the second mission which is
> cool.

SEAL: OK dude, I want you to crawl up to the side of that hill without making a sound, go prone, use a silenced weapon to neutralise the sentry, then place the C4 charge next to the fuel depot so we can take out the barracks with it. They'll never know what hit them.

SAS guy: Sir! Yes Sir!

*SAS guy dashes forward, bites the leg off the sentry, runs into the barracks shouting "Wakey Wakey Rise and Shine!!!" and blows away 15 sleepy-eyed terrorists with his automatic shotgun. Then reports back to SEAL*

SEAL: What happened to STEALTH?!

SAS guy: Well sir, I'm in the British Army. This C4 is expensive stuff you know...
Thu 15/01/04 at 19:31
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Killer Nightmare wrote:
> Does it have more commands that these people talk about? And I heard
> something about rocket launchers...

There are a few more commands, just things like the ability to tell your team to get down, leave the rest of your team in a certain place. Allows them to snipe the enemy etc

There are rocket launchers, but the ammo is limited so you only use them when you have too. Picked up a shotgun in the first level, very cool at taking out the enemy.
Also got some SAS guys in my team for the second mission which is cool.
Thu 15/01/04 at 18:49
Regular
"fighter29"
my questing is how the hell can u doga a rocket? its no fun cuz if yoiur bye some one u both git killed
Thu 15/01/04 at 17:34
"cheerios"
Does it have more commands that these people talk about? And I heard something about rocket launchers...
Thu 15/01/04 at 15:25
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
SOCOM2 is class.
Got the US version and I'm so far very impressed. Much more of the same with all the improvements that fans wanted to see.

Just waiting to get the UK version when its released for some great online play. :-)

Plenty of fun.
Thu 15/01/04 at 13:51
Regular
I might get the next one, it looks good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.