GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Internet Crashing - Help Me Please!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/02/07 at 20:41
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'll try and explain this as well as I can, but I also want to try and keep i kind of brief... Okay then.

I've been experiencing serious trouble with Internet Explorer 7 (all the latest updates, bla bla bla). Within the first ten minutes have loaded it up and connected it crashes, no matter what I'm doing or where I am online.
I restart the computer, load up again, same thing, about the same time too.

Recently, this week in fact, I finally decided to have a try with Firefox. What an improvement!! IE has never been this responsive with me, even when installed fresh and the Feeds-checker-thingy turned off!
But after setting Firefox as my new default browser following a successful problem-free period of time online, next time I boot it up, the same problem's I've had with Internet Explorer are back. On Mozilla's masterpiece! :(

Having reset Internet Explorer as the default browser however, Firefox is running fine as usual. But I'd still like to alter settings in favour of "The 'Fox".

For instance. My main firewall program is Zone Alarm. Due to my current internet settings, it only mentions IE7 as the main browser - but does this also mean that Firefox is running unprotected?
I'd assume some of my other anti-virus/spyware programs may also function similarly...? :S

I have now idea why I begin to experience these problems. I'm not sure of when exactly they started. And I can't think of anything I've downloaded, other than the usual necessary upgrades and Firefox, of course. Everyone else in my house seems clean, as well as pretty clueless - they use this BT Yahoo! browser which also seems to run faultless, as it does with me. But hey, each to their own, and I've really taken to the tabbed browsing this doesn't have.

So, am I looking at a problem with my connection here?
Could it simply be a dodgy browser add-on I'm unaware of?

I've tried Googling this but have so far been unable to turn up any success, which is why I'm here, hoping that someone out there, on the forums, may be able to come to my aid with this troubling situation.

As always, I thank you guys for your help ...And once again, apologise for making this perhaps a little too long! ;D
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 09/02/07 at 20:41
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'll try and explain this as well as I can, but I also want to try and keep i kind of brief... Okay then.

I've been experiencing serious trouble with Internet Explorer 7 (all the latest updates, bla bla bla). Within the first ten minutes have loaded it up and connected it crashes, no matter what I'm doing or where I am online.
I restart the computer, load up again, same thing, about the same time too.

Recently, this week in fact, I finally decided to have a try with Firefox. What an improvement!! IE has never been this responsive with me, even when installed fresh and the Feeds-checker-thingy turned off!
But after setting Firefox as my new default browser following a successful problem-free period of time online, next time I boot it up, the same problem's I've had with Internet Explorer are back. On Mozilla's masterpiece! :(

Having reset Internet Explorer as the default browser however, Firefox is running fine as usual. But I'd still like to alter settings in favour of "The 'Fox".

For instance. My main firewall program is Zone Alarm. Due to my current internet settings, it only mentions IE7 as the main browser - but does this also mean that Firefox is running unprotected?
I'd assume some of my other anti-virus/spyware programs may also function similarly...? :S

I have now idea why I begin to experience these problems. I'm not sure of when exactly they started. And I can't think of anything I've downloaded, other than the usual necessary upgrades and Firefox, of course. Everyone else in my house seems clean, as well as pretty clueless - they use this BT Yahoo! browser which also seems to run faultless, as it does with me. But hey, each to their own, and I've really taken to the tabbed browsing this doesn't have.

So, am I looking at a problem with my connection here?
Could it simply be a dodgy browser add-on I'm unaware of?

I've tried Googling this but have so far been unable to turn up any success, which is why I'm here, hoping that someone out there, on the forums, may be able to come to my aid with this troubling situation.

As always, I thank you guys for your help ...And once again, apologise for making this perhaps a little too long! ;D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.