GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"joytech mini dvd remote"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/08/01 at 13:55
Regular
this thing is the size if a memory card. and it plugs into the memory card slot...i have put it in the console but it does not register in the browser.

whats it all about ....nothing in the instructions either
Sat 18/08/01 at 13:55
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
this thing is the size if a memory card. and it plugs into the memory card slot...i have put it in the console but it does not register in the browser.

whats it all about ....nothing in the instructions either
Sat 18/08/01 at 17:57
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
any ideas
Sat 18/08/01 at 17:59
Regular
"I dnt wnt a Tagline"
sorry cant help.
Mon 20/08/01 at 13:53
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
surely someone here knows why the joytech mini dvd remote fits snuggly into a memory card port...
Mon 20/08/01 at 14:09
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Are you sure it doesnt go into the controller port 1, seeing as its the controller its replacing?

Mine does, as does every other one I have seen...
Mon 20/08/01 at 14:20
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
Slaveunit wrote:
> Are you sure it doesnt go into the controller port 1, seeing as its
> the controller its replacing?

Mine does, as does every other one
> I have seen...

the IR receving unit fits into controller port 1 and the controller then fits into this. but the actual remote itself fits into a memory card port.
Mon 20/08/01 at 15:00
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Right. My mate has one of these.

The reciever goes into port 1. The controller goes into your hand, and you press the buttons while it is in your hand, aiming it at the reciever.

The fact that it fits a mem card slot is so you have somewhere to store it. If it was meant to go in there a) the reciever would be pointing the same way as the reciever so the signal would not be recieved, and b) it would hardly be remote.

You might have problems with it though. as it is one of the through ones, where you plug the controller into the reciever, you will find that for the controller to work you will have to press a button on the remote to tell the reciever that you are using the controller, as the remote is the default setting, which is very pants.

I changed mine because of that, and just plug the sensor when i need it. You could do the same, but you'll notice that the reciever clips in to stop it being accidently tugged out by the controller, making it harder.
Mon 20/08/01 at 15:02
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Saying that though, if the remote doesnt take a regular battery it might charge from the mem port...

check the manual.
Mon 20/08/01 at 15:13
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
Slaveunit wrote:
> Saying that though, if the remote doesnt take a regular battery it
> might charge from the mem port...

check the manual.

it has its own battery supply...but i like the idea of a place to store the remote.it is so small i will all most certainly lose it..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.