GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Summerslam Preview..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/08/01 at 12:29
Regular
As being a 9 year fan of WWF and only needing 9 more tapes to complete my WWF PPv collection. I though that I would come onto the WWF to bring some more knowledge to this board. I shall challenge someone to a quiz after this.

Summerslam is tomorrow night and it will roll in with what hopes to be a great crowd with some great matches. A strange fact is that Chef Boyardee Ravoili sponored Summerslam, and the past 2 Summerslam's. I wouldn't realyl associate Summerslam with raviloi.

The Summerslam card looks strangely similar to Invasion. Anyway, it still looks great.

Dudley Boyz/Test.vs.Spike Dudley/The Acolytes
This match hasn't really had a storyline built up around it, which will probably make this match a complete stinker. Kind of a mismatch. The Hardcore Technicians in Team Dudley have the advantage over The Slow Midgets. I would go with the Dudleys and Test winning this one.

Chris Jericho.vs.Rhyno
It has a reasonable storyline built around it. Jericho has been teasing Stephanie for the last 2 years and now, Stephanie has unleashed the Man-Beast on Jericho. I see a victory for Rhyno, as Jericho has done a lot to them lately and normally the person who suffers on the show before the PPV, wins.

Ladder Match for the Hardcore Title.
Jeff Hardy.vs.RVD
RVD is angry after Jeff Hardy regained his Hardcore Title in a surprise appearence on Raw. These two had a cracker at Invasion and this should be no different. Expect many ladder spots an chain wrestlingand lets see if they can pull out all the stops and show us something new in a ladder match. I see Jeff retaining the title.

Cruiserweight/Lightheavyweight Title.
Tajiri.vs.X-Pac
A title match. This has been done many times before and there is always a bullsh*t finish so I expect Regal to interfere on Tajiri's behalf, giving X-Pac the DQ victory.

IC Title.
Lance Storm.vs.Edge
I can see what WWF will do with this match. It will be a good technical match, back and forth, until Christian comes down...and smashes Edge around the head, costing Edge the match and the Intercontinental Title. A heel turn for Christian and he will join the alliance or both Edge and Christian will join the alliance.

WWF/WCW Tag Title Steel Cage Match.
Taker/Kane.vs.Kanyon/DDP
I think that this will be the floater of the night. I can't see anything exciting happening. Maybe a Seanton Bomb by Sean 'O' Haire off the top of the cage. Taker and Kane will probably drop the titles to the Alliance.

WCW Title.
The Rock.vs.Booker T
Again, nothing special. The two have just been rambling on and on on Smackdown and it's boring now. I don't care who wins but The Rock will pick up the easy win in a short bout.

WWF Title.
Stone Cold.vs.Kurt Angle
It is possible that Angle could pick up the win, as he hasn't had his jaws on the title since February, when he lost the title to the Rock at No Way Out 2001. On the other hand, Austin could win. It's anyone's match and will be a hard one to call.

The card is reasonable but I think that it can't measure up to last year's Summerslam, with the infamous "Tables, Ladders and Chairs" Match. Only time will tell when we all tune in or set our videos to record it and watch it the next morning.

I will be staying up and watching it so you can expect full results up on Monday at 6:00pm.
Sat 18/08/01 at 12:29
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
As being a 9 year fan of WWF and only needing 9 more tapes to complete my WWF PPv collection. I though that I would come onto the WWF to bring some more knowledge to this board. I shall challenge someone to a quiz after this.

Summerslam is tomorrow night and it will roll in with what hopes to be a great crowd with some great matches. A strange fact is that Chef Boyardee Ravoili sponored Summerslam, and the past 2 Summerslam's. I wouldn't realyl associate Summerslam with raviloi.

The Summerslam card looks strangely similar to Invasion. Anyway, it still looks great.

Dudley Boyz/Test.vs.Spike Dudley/The Acolytes
This match hasn't really had a storyline built up around it, which will probably make this match a complete stinker. Kind of a mismatch. The Hardcore Technicians in Team Dudley have the advantage over The Slow Midgets. I would go with the Dudleys and Test winning this one.

Chris Jericho.vs.Rhyno
It has a reasonable storyline built around it. Jericho has been teasing Stephanie for the last 2 years and now, Stephanie has unleashed the Man-Beast on Jericho. I see a victory for Rhyno, as Jericho has done a lot to them lately and normally the person who suffers on the show before the PPV, wins.

Ladder Match for the Hardcore Title.
Jeff Hardy.vs.RVD
RVD is angry after Jeff Hardy regained his Hardcore Title in a surprise appearence on Raw. These two had a cracker at Invasion and this should be no different. Expect many ladder spots an chain wrestlingand lets see if they can pull out all the stops and show us something new in a ladder match. I see Jeff retaining the title.

Cruiserweight/Lightheavyweight Title.
Tajiri.vs.X-Pac
A title match. This has been done many times before and there is always a bullsh*t finish so I expect Regal to interfere on Tajiri's behalf, giving X-Pac the DQ victory.

IC Title.
Lance Storm.vs.Edge
I can see what WWF will do with this match. It will be a good technical match, back and forth, until Christian comes down...and smashes Edge around the head, costing Edge the match and the Intercontinental Title. A heel turn for Christian and he will join the alliance or both Edge and Christian will join the alliance.

WWF/WCW Tag Title Steel Cage Match.
Taker/Kane.vs.Kanyon/DDP
I think that this will be the floater of the night. I can't see anything exciting happening. Maybe a Seanton Bomb by Sean 'O' Haire off the top of the cage. Taker and Kane will probably drop the titles to the Alliance.

WCW Title.
The Rock.vs.Booker T
Again, nothing special. The two have just been rambling on and on on Smackdown and it's boring now. I don't care who wins but The Rock will pick up the easy win in a short bout.

WWF Title.
Stone Cold.vs.Kurt Angle
It is possible that Angle could pick up the win, as he hasn't had his jaws on the title since February, when he lost the title to the Rock at No Way Out 2001. On the other hand, Austin could win. It's anyone's match and will be a hard one to call.

The card is reasonable but I think that it can't measure up to last year's Summerslam, with the infamous "Tables, Ladders and Chairs" Match. Only time will tell when we all tune in or set our videos to record it and watch it the next morning.

I will be staying up and watching it so you can expect full results up on Monday at 6:00pm.
Sat 18/08/01 at 12:34
Regular
Your results aitn needed or wanted.
Sat 18/08/01 at 12:36
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Kh@z@r wrote:
> Your results aitn needed or wanted.

Shut it you gay.
Sat 18/08/01 at 12:38
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
God, no wonder you were banned 5 times and I'm about to make it 6 as I reported you to the mods.
Sat 18/08/01 at 14:00
Regular
"One More Chance"
Im glad you have come on here Shaneo. Your a good poster.
Sat 18/08/01 at 14:46
Regular
Sat 18/08/01 at 14:47
Regular
Hiya Jet, Are you still online
Sat 18/08/01 at 14:50
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Methinks that Jericho will beat Rhyno because...

1. Y2J has never beat Rhyno
2. Rhyno has beat up and gored Jericho gaud knows how many times in the last few weeks.
3. Jericho is seemingly a bigger superstar than Rhyno and the WWF needs to pick up more victories in the whole WCW/ECW V WWF angle.
Sat 18/08/01 at 14:50
Austin v Angle - I see Austin winning after a suprise wrestler returns/debuts and helps Austin win. Possibly HBK or Scott Steiner.

Rock v Booker - Booker wins after outside interference from the Alliance.

Cage Match - DDP & Kanyon win after some underhand tactics.

RVD v Hardy - RVD wins after a classic bout.

Storm v Edge - Edge wins and becomes IC champion, only to be attacked after the match by Christian setting up a fued between E & C.

Tajiri v X-Pac - I Think Tajiri will win a really good match.

Jericho v Rhyno - Jericho wins a hard fought battle.

Test & Dudleys v Acolytes & Spike - Test wins it for his team.

Just my predictions, sure some of you will disagree.
Sat 18/08/01 at 14:52
Regular
Yeah but I think The Rock could still win even though outside interference by WECW

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.