GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Girl Gamers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/02/10 at 23:35
Regular
"How Ironic"
I've been thinking, where are all the girl gamers? They're the ultimate woman in my opinion, and I've heard of girls with consoles, haven't we all, but I've never ever known a girl who has a console, or ever played with a girl online as a matter of fact. So my question. Where are they all? Why are consoles dominated by males? (notably little 12 year old american kids). Why is there such an inbalance?

Discuss ;)
Tue 16/02/10 at 23:35
Regular
"How Ironic"
I've been thinking, where are all the girl gamers? They're the ultimate woman in my opinion, and I've heard of girls with consoles, haven't we all, but I've never ever known a girl who has a console, or ever played with a girl online as a matter of fact. So my question. Where are they all? Why are consoles dominated by males? (notably little 12 year old american kids). Why is there such an inbalance?

Discuss ;)
Wed 17/02/10 at 00:26
Regular
"I like turtles"
Played against someone called Jennifer something or other on Modern Warfare 2 the other week.But when they switched on their mic,Jennifer turned out to be a dude ? :S
Wed 17/02/10 at 08:17
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Girl gamers are hot ;)

Well in my head anyway :p
Wed 17/02/10 at 10:21
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Can you imagine the grief they would get if they did turn their mic on over games such as MW2 et al? They would not hear the end of it!

There are lots of girl gamers out there, you are either looking in the wrong places/games or they are shy. We have 2 (used to be 4) females in my WoW guild who are both good at what they do and a laugh.

Aside from the points I mentioned previously (evidenced by HM's post before me) girls are not likely to be too interested in FPS or RTS type games instead choosing the opt for RPG, Puzzle or 'non' games. My last girlfriend was a big fan of New Mario Bros and Prof Layton on her DS.

Moral of the story, don't look for too many females in male orientated games :)
Wed 17/02/10 at 12:34
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Aye Butch brings a good point to the table.

My 'lil sister loves the RPG's, and I think has played most of my copies. And I met my first gf by chatting about FF7 ....... who knew that girl I had a crush on played FF7.

When I played WOW I had 2 very good friends on there, who were both female. Both still play as far as I'm aware (I moved server to be with work dudes). They were pretty legendary though, as you just seem to have less trouble being nice, and uncompetitive with each other.

There were about 20 girls in the guild at one point, (albeit to a ratio of around 70 guys) 6 of which were gf's of the male members.

So the answer is...you want girl gamers? Start playing WOW.
Wed 17/02/10 at 13:57
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Warhunt wrote:
> So the answer is...you want girl gamers? Start playing WOW.

And say goodbye to a social life where you actually get to meet the person you may have met on WoW ;)
Wed 17/02/10 at 15:16
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I met one of the girls on there once. Went out for a weekend with some of her mates when I was "inbetween" gf's. I was near the town for a training thing. Good weekend is all I can say.

But yeah your point is still valid :D
Wed 17/02/10 at 16:51
Regular
I have a Pikachu doll situated on my shelf in a postion only viewable if your head is on my pillow. It's there so that if by some luck, there is a girl in my bed, the last thing she sees before the act is a stuffed videogame character screaming a non-verbal "Alex likes videogames" at her. I don't get many callbacks.
Wed 17/02/10 at 17:19
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Edited your post slightly Alfonse. Can't allow swearing etc.

You mentioned you had a girlfriend on Valentine's. What happened there? As from what I can tell you live the batchelor-esque lifestyle :D
Wed 17/02/10 at 18:11
Regular
Joys of an open relationship I guess. The only girl that can stand to see the doll more than once.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.