GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jeff Buckley - a legend of our time"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/08/01 at 17:05
Regular
I've done my research into what seems to be winning the DVD's and so in a completely transparent attempt to win I am going to start the Jeff buckley discussion topic with a tried and tested winning formula:

Let the Jeff Buckley story begin.....

There was a man by the name of Jeff Buckley, son of Tim Buckley, a man who could sing 4 octaves. For the uninitiated 4 octaves is about the same as Mariah Carey. Yes that is scary. Unlike Mariah, who, let's face it, ain't SO REAL, Jeff and Tim both used there voices as an instrument. Look at a piano, just because it has a wide range of notes it doesn't mean you have to use all of them in every single piano piece. Listen to Mariah and she goes up and down entirely randomly and needlessly, same with Christina Aguilera. They both have great voices but they cannot use them.
Poor Jeff never got to say a LAST GOODBYE to his father Tim because Tim killed himself (I think). This really turned Jeff against martyred rock stars, ie Kurt Cobain and pals. So it was ironic when Jeff himself died tragically in a swimming accident and became a martyr himself. Yet he did see that by writing timeless classics he would attain ETERNAL LIFE because he would live on in his music. And he's certainly doing just that on July 2nd Live at L'oymplia was released to commemorate the 4th anniversary of his death. He is still going strong.
Like his dad Tim, Jeff was a lady's man, "LOVER, YOU SHOULD'VE COME OVER" he implored one lady friend. Seriously though, one reason why the women like Jeff so much is because of his confessional, poetic songs about love. Make no mistake they encapsulate beauty at its most ethereal. They combine soaring vocals of incredible GRACE with a gentle ebb and flow that compliments the vocals very well. Jeff had a great voice and he sure knew how to use it. When he took on classics and covered them his voice was capable of bringing out previously untapped nuances in the lyrics. In fact it is nearly impossible not to be captivated by his singing. My afro-haired friend said "It's a DREAM, BROTHER!"
Jeff didn't have many vices, you wouldn't have caught him tanked up on LILAC WINE. His one vice was music and that is demonstrated by his prolific recording. Only one complete studio album was ever released 1994's "Grace". This was hailed as a masterpiece by many. Tragically Jeff died before recording began for the second album but he left behind a vast archive of self-made recordings. Unfortunately many of these will never be heard due to his insistence that he made some songs solely for himself and not for Sony. As you can see music was his one true vice.
All I can say is HALLELUJAH and praise the lord that Jeff Buckley made my favourite album ever. And he had enough MOJO (to) PIN down even Austin Powers. Jeff Buckley was a legend, I wish he had recorded more but what he left has proved wonderful. Feel free to discuss his greatness and I challenge anyone to write one of these based on Sketches!
No one really expected me to fit in CORPUS CHRISTI CAROL did they?!
Sun 19/08/01 at 15:21
Regular
In your mind Jeff Buckley might be a legend, but the only legend I know is Tupac Shakur. RIP!
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:49
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Grace is an incredible album, but about the Smiths cover, I can only seem to find "Boy with a Thorn in his Side", which is a live cover... do you know where I can get Panic?
Sat 18/08/01 at 16:18
Couldn't agree more
Sat 18/08/01 at 13:58
Regular
"Great Scott's"
I love Buckley's Grace Album, it has everything, when i first heard it i thought it was just another crappy album.

But after the 100th time hearing it sounds amazing.
Fri 17/08/01 at 19:04
Yeah. Jeff Buckley was destined for greatness. The "Sketches" album showed just how amazing his second album was going to be. BTW, Did you ever hear his cover of The Smiths Panic, it was fantastic, I think it was on a b-side or something.
Fri 17/08/01 at 17:05
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I've done my research into what seems to be winning the DVD's and so in a completely transparent attempt to win I am going to start the Jeff buckley discussion topic with a tried and tested winning formula:

Let the Jeff Buckley story begin.....

There was a man by the name of Jeff Buckley, son of Tim Buckley, a man who could sing 4 octaves. For the uninitiated 4 octaves is about the same as Mariah Carey. Yes that is scary. Unlike Mariah, who, let's face it, ain't SO REAL, Jeff and Tim both used there voices as an instrument. Look at a piano, just because it has a wide range of notes it doesn't mean you have to use all of them in every single piano piece. Listen to Mariah and she goes up and down entirely randomly and needlessly, same with Christina Aguilera. They both have great voices but they cannot use them.
Poor Jeff never got to say a LAST GOODBYE to his father Tim because Tim killed himself (I think). This really turned Jeff against martyred rock stars, ie Kurt Cobain and pals. So it was ironic when Jeff himself died tragically in a swimming accident and became a martyr himself. Yet he did see that by writing timeless classics he would attain ETERNAL LIFE because he would live on in his music. And he's certainly doing just that on July 2nd Live at L'oymplia was released to commemorate the 4th anniversary of his death. He is still going strong.
Like his dad Tim, Jeff was a lady's man, "LOVER, YOU SHOULD'VE COME OVER" he implored one lady friend. Seriously though, one reason why the women like Jeff so much is because of his confessional, poetic songs about love. Make no mistake they encapsulate beauty at its most ethereal. They combine soaring vocals of incredible GRACE with a gentle ebb and flow that compliments the vocals very well. Jeff had a great voice and he sure knew how to use it. When he took on classics and covered them his voice was capable of bringing out previously untapped nuances in the lyrics. In fact it is nearly impossible not to be captivated by his singing. My afro-haired friend said "It's a DREAM, BROTHER!"
Jeff didn't have many vices, you wouldn't have caught him tanked up on LILAC WINE. His one vice was music and that is demonstrated by his prolific recording. Only one complete studio album was ever released 1994's "Grace". This was hailed as a masterpiece by many. Tragically Jeff died before recording began for the second album but he left behind a vast archive of self-made recordings. Unfortunately many of these will never be heard due to his insistence that he made some songs solely for himself and not for Sony. As you can see music was his one true vice.
All I can say is HALLELUJAH and praise the lord that Jeff Buckley made my favourite album ever. And he had enough MOJO (to) PIN down even Austin Powers. Jeff Buckley was a legend, I wish he had recorded more but what he left has proved wonderful. Feel free to discuss his greatness and I challenge anyone to write one of these based on Sketches!
No one really expected me to fit in CORPUS CHRISTI CAROL did they?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.