GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tamagotchi on GBA"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/08/01 at 16:40
Regular
The Japanese love Tamagotchi, little virtual pets.

At present we can get Tamagotchi over here in the UK in the form of little key ring devices, but how long before we are likely to see Tamagotchi appear on the GBA?

Are Nintendo actively seeking a Tamagotchi licence? Would it take off if they did release some form of Tamagotchi on the GBA? I'm not talking as a stand alone game, I'm thinking more along the lines as some form of screen saver, but an interactive one.

As a marketing ploy it would be a boon, Nintendo would be bringing gamers even closer to their console. Perhaps Nintendo already feel that Pokemon satisfies this need, afterall Pikachu could be viewed as a virtual pet of sorts.

It just seems to me that the GBA is an ideal platform for a Tamagotchi, and I'm surprised that the little virtual creatures haven't made the transition from keyfob to handheld console.
Fri 17/08/01 at 16:40
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The Japanese love Tamagotchi, little virtual pets.

At present we can get Tamagotchi over here in the UK in the form of little key ring devices, but how long before we are likely to see Tamagotchi appear on the GBA?

Are Nintendo actively seeking a Tamagotchi licence? Would it take off if they did release some form of Tamagotchi on the GBA? I'm not talking as a stand alone game, I'm thinking more along the lines as some form of screen saver, but an interactive one.

As a marketing ploy it would be a boon, Nintendo would be bringing gamers even closer to their console. Perhaps Nintendo already feel that Pokemon satisfies this need, afterall Pikachu could be viewed as a virtual pet of sorts.

It just seems to me that the GBA is an ideal platform for a Tamagotchi, and I'm surprised that the little virtual creatures haven't made the transition from keyfob to handheld console.
Fri 17/08/01 at 16:46
Regular
if it wass a screensaver how would it work. you can only have one cart in at a time, or would you plug your normal cat into the tamagothingy and the plug that into the gba. tamagothingy = good idea.
Fri 17/08/01 at 18:41
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Tamagotchi= Gold Mine! :D

No to a screensaver though, wont we all be too busy playing games? Maybe make it into an RPG.
Fri 17/08/01 at 18:48
Regular
"<];o)"
Tamagotchi has already been made into a game and released on the N64. Of course being the fan of them I am I imported it straight away not bothering to see a review first. Imagine my delight when I found out it was a boardgame with reems of text that I couldn't read.

(;o|

I didn't really import it by the way.
Fri 17/08/01 at 20:16
Wow! I thought these sad little things for loner kids were gone but here they are again! *(:)
Fri 17/08/01 at 20:49
Great, this is all we need. Mind you, probably thousands of people will buy it (if it comes out) just for the novelty value.
Fri 17/08/01 at 21:07
Yeah, not me though. I fell for that craze once before...
Fri 17/08/01 at 21:42
I said that when the yo-yo craze was taking effect.

"Oh no, not me. You're not taking me along for your "Round the World's" ans the like", I said.

Still bought one, though.
Fri 17/08/01 at 21:53
Regular
Tamagotchi on a GBA would be like a real pet.
You have to feed it new batteries every 10 hours to keep it alive.

You'd also have to make up sacrifices and stop playing your other games (Tamagotchi's, if I remember, run 24 hours a day...)

lol

Obviously it wouldn't be like a proper Tamagotchi but I'm still not sure what sort of game they'd make out of it...
Fri 17/08/01 at 22:03
Yes, and if you've had enough of your "pet", you could kill it prematurely by clicking on a light shield to your GBA and slowly watching it die as the sound gets fainter and it gradually fades away. Cruel, eh? At least you won't get paranoia.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.