GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Custom 404 error page HELP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/02/07 at 09:34
Regular
I have custom error 404 pages running on several sites. so how come this morning I try on one of my wifes sites and it wont work? I did every thing the same changed the code to suit her domain uploaded it via fire ftp and its no working - well it is a wee bit we get an IE error page now instead of a freeola error page any help on this appreciated.
Thu 08/02/07 at 19:41
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
There is a funny bug in Internet Explorer that causes IE to ignore custom error pages if the page is smaller than 512 bytes.
Thu 08/02/07 at 19:21
Regular
Sorted!
Now this could be the reason? this domain also had other domains pointing to it, no it was publishing on other domains, I removed the other domains from it and its now working, si I have to assume thats what was causing the problem?
Thu 08/02/07 at 19:11
Regular
ErrorDocument 404 /http://www.denholmvillage.co.uk/error.htm

uploaded in Fire FTP in ASCII mode

its like a standard windows error that we get, if we take the .htaccess file out it returns to the freeola error page...

The webpage cannot be found
HTTP 404
Most likely causes:
There might be a typing error in the address.
If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:
Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to www.denholmvillage.co.uk and look for the information you want.

More information

This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

Chocoholic wrote:
> I have custom error 404 pages running on several sites. so how
> come this morning I try on one of my wifes sites and it wont
> work? I did every thing the same changed the code to suit her
> domain uploaded it via fire ftp and its no working - well it is
> a wee bit we get an IE error page now instead of a freeola error
> page any help on this appreciated.
Thu 08/02/07 at 17:20
"Are you sure?"
My guess would be you've made a typo ;¬)

Can you post the contents of your .htaccess file?
Also what does the IE error page say?
Thu 08/02/07 at 09:34
Regular
I have custom error 404 pages running on several sites. so how come this morning I try on one of my wifes sites and it wont work? I did every thing the same changed the code to suit her domain uploaded it via fire ftp and its no working - well it is a wee bit we get an IE error page now instead of a freeola error page any help on this appreciated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.