GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart story"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart 64'.
Wed 21/01/04 at 18:10
Regular
Never played Mario Kart before? Want to know what happened before the games? Well, so do I, and because there is no story. I have made one up.

OK here it is!...

One day, an auto dealer Toad visited the district of the Mushroom
Kingdom where Mario lives. His name was Schiff T. He offered Mario a go-kart, and Mario gladly bought one. For some reason, Schiff T. was an honest auto dealer, since the go-kart was literally indestructible. Mario loved his new little vehicle so much that he recommended Schiff to everyone he knew. He recommended them to Luigi, Mario's younger brother, Peach, the damsel in distress, Toad, also known as Kinopio, some random Koopa Troopa, Yoshi, Mario's faithful pet, Donkey Kong Junior, son of Mario's former enemy, and Bowser, Mario's present enemy. A Lakitu observed all this and was more than happy to find (and help build) many courses, from Mario's four Circuits to the luminescent Rainbow Road in space. The crew put a ton of Item Boxes all over the courses, and Super Mario Kart was born.

It was 1997. Donkey Kong Jr. went through puberty, adolescence, and Kongo Kollege and is now known as Donkey Kong II. Koopa also got stomped and left for dead by Wario, who stole Koopa's purple go-kart. The rest held on to their karts in hope that they would remain. Lakitu continued to find and fund more courses, this time dozens of times better than the first collection. He got the rights for everything from Moo Moo Farm to Banshee Boardwalk and the Mario crew were even happier and completely forgot the days of the old. Because there were already 63 competitions in each Grand Prix before this one, the organization was dubbed "Mario Kart 64".

Four years later, Lakitu stumbled upon a treasure trove of courses.
There were no more incidents with the go-karts and their owners, but the courses were in the same area as the first few Lakitu gathered. Their disappointment quickly turned to joy; since they realized that, the cloud creature had not lost his edge after all, bringing courses like Cheese Land and Sky Garden to the mix. In fact, the courses were so great that they named this bunch "Mario Kart: Super Circuit".

It did not take long for Lakitu to find the next bunch of courses. With selections like DK Mountain and Mushroom City, he was surprised he had not found them before. By then, Schiff had returned and sold more efficient cars, specially designed for the cast. The rest gathered up whatever they had and became equal with Schiff's creations. Since the cars (and baby carriage) have room for two, even more faces from the Mario world were gathered up, as well as the return of Koopa and DK Jr., who has since grown up into Donkey Kong. They had to find a new name for a big change like this--"Mario Kart: Double Dash!”
Double Dashing
So, what in the world is Mario Kart: Double Dash!? Well, for starters, it is a game with two exclamation points in a row in its title. The "Mario Kart" part of the title explains how the game will be played: Mario characters ride around in their land vehicles, trying to get into first place (or defending it if they are in the lead). However, that is now here near as safe as it seems, for Item Boxes are littered all over every single course, and they give out weapons. You can use these weapons either to strike someone else down, speed yourself up, or maybe something a bit more creative. The "Double Dash!” part of it explains what new things Nintendo added to the already very innovative series: the characters will be paired up for each race. That means that Bowser will get to go on a father-son excursion with Junior, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi will get to hang out in their pram, and Koopa's new friend Paratroopa will be helping each other out. That is basically...it. Except that the environments are some of the most varied you've ever seen in a racing game, from surreal strips of pure colour to a crowded city highway. All that on go-karts.

I didn't know wheather to post this as a walkthough or not but it is really just a story i hope you like it i invented it myself...its a great story and explanes alot on the games so i hope you have enjoyed reading it

if this is the wrong place to post it please re-direct it to somewhere else or send me an email at
[email protected]
ok thanks
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 21/01/04 at 18:10
Regular
Never played Mario Kart before? Want to know what happened before the games? Well, so do I, and because there is no story. I have made one up.

OK here it is!...

One day, an auto dealer Toad visited the district of the Mushroom
Kingdom where Mario lives. His name was Schiff T. He offered Mario a go-kart, and Mario gladly bought one. For some reason, Schiff T. was an honest auto dealer, since the go-kart was literally indestructible. Mario loved his new little vehicle so much that he recommended Schiff to everyone he knew. He recommended them to Luigi, Mario's younger brother, Peach, the damsel in distress, Toad, also known as Kinopio, some random Koopa Troopa, Yoshi, Mario's faithful pet, Donkey Kong Junior, son of Mario's former enemy, and Bowser, Mario's present enemy. A Lakitu observed all this and was more than happy to find (and help build) many courses, from Mario's four Circuits to the luminescent Rainbow Road in space. The crew put a ton of Item Boxes all over the courses, and Super Mario Kart was born.

It was 1997. Donkey Kong Jr. went through puberty, adolescence, and Kongo Kollege and is now known as Donkey Kong II. Koopa also got stomped and left for dead by Wario, who stole Koopa's purple go-kart. The rest held on to their karts in hope that they would remain. Lakitu continued to find and fund more courses, this time dozens of times better than the first collection. He got the rights for everything from Moo Moo Farm to Banshee Boardwalk and the Mario crew were even happier and completely forgot the days of the old. Because there were already 63 competitions in each Grand Prix before this one, the organization was dubbed "Mario Kart 64".

Four years later, Lakitu stumbled upon a treasure trove of courses.
There were no more incidents with the go-karts and their owners, but the courses were in the same area as the first few Lakitu gathered. Their disappointment quickly turned to joy; since they realized that, the cloud creature had not lost his edge after all, bringing courses like Cheese Land and Sky Garden to the mix. In fact, the courses were so great that they named this bunch "Mario Kart: Super Circuit".

It did not take long for Lakitu to find the next bunch of courses. With selections like DK Mountain and Mushroom City, he was surprised he had not found them before. By then, Schiff had returned and sold more efficient cars, specially designed for the cast. The rest gathered up whatever they had and became equal with Schiff's creations. Since the cars (and baby carriage) have room for two, even more faces from the Mario world were gathered up, as well as the return of Koopa and DK Jr., who has since grown up into Donkey Kong. They had to find a new name for a big change like this--"Mario Kart: Double Dash!”
Double Dashing
So, what in the world is Mario Kart: Double Dash!? Well, for starters, it is a game with two exclamation points in a row in its title. The "Mario Kart" part of the title explains how the game will be played: Mario characters ride around in their land vehicles, trying to get into first place (or defending it if they are in the lead). However, that is now here near as safe as it seems, for Item Boxes are littered all over every single course, and they give out weapons. You can use these weapons either to strike someone else down, speed yourself up, or maybe something a bit more creative. The "Double Dash!” part of it explains what new things Nintendo added to the already very innovative series: the characters will be paired up for each race. That means that Bowser will get to go on a father-son excursion with Junior, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi will get to hang out in their pram, and Koopa's new friend Paratroopa will be helping each other out. That is basically...it. Except that the environments are some of the most varied you've ever seen in a racing game, from surreal strips of pure colour to a crowded city highway. All that on go-karts.

I didn't know wheather to post this as a walkthough or not but it is really just a story i hope you like it i invented it myself...its a great story and explanes alot on the games so i hope you have enjoyed reading it

if this is the wrong place to post it please re-direct it to somewhere else or send me an email at
[email protected]
ok thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.