GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Isn't Nintendo sticking out some LOVELY games recently?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/01/04 at 14:08
Regular
"Moody DJ"
I look round the shops at stuff I want to buy and its ALL Nintendo at the moment, the only other thing I've grabbed recently thats non-Nintendo is Zone Of The Enders 2. The quality is FANTASTIC at the moment, Viewtiful Joe, F-Zero, MK:DD, Sword Of Mana, Golden Sun 2, FFTactics ... all wicked. I think they're doing a grand job. Someone posted that ALL Nintendo are doing is sticking out rehashes. That IS a steaming pile, come on you have to admit it.

Take Zelda for an example, firstly, lovely new graphics engine. Secondly its the first bloody time that they seemed to have advance the plot beyond the previous game ... being set after the events of Ocarina Of Time, explaining how repeatedly a hero in green appears, also being set in a radically altered Hyrule, with a more story driven engine than before. A proper sequel. Now if thats a re-hash, I suppose that makes Metal Gear Solid 2 a rehash due to its similar gameplay and extention of storyline over the first game?

Mario Kart has finally had some new ideas bolted onto it, although it STILL has the same old cups, would have been nice to have a few more levels. Metroid Prime, rehash? The conversion from 2D platformer to 3D shooter is about as different as you can get!

Anyway, its nice to see Nintendo chucking out some real quality after a shaky start. When I compare games on my PS2 to my Cube, the Cube ones just look crisper, more vibrant ... ZOE2 STILL has awful dodgy borders on it. Hey ho, anyway a few choice PS2 titles still to come this year.
Sun 25/01/04 at 15:59
"The Will of D."
Widge wrote:
> I look round the shops at stuff I want to buy and its ALL Nintendo at
> the moment, the only other thing I've grabbed recently thats
> non-Nintendo is Zone Of The Enders 2. The quality is FANTASTIC at the
> moment, Viewtiful Joe, F-Zero, MK:DD, Sword Of Mana, Golden Sun 2,
> FFTactics ... all wicked. I think they're doing a grand job.

If you think they're brilliant (especially GS2, but Sword of mana ain't out yet in the Uk) wait unil Final Fantasy :CC, Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, & Sphinx and the cursed mummy comes out.
Sun 25/01/04 at 15:04
Regular
I mean Nintendo in 1996 released Mario Kart 64, Mario 64... 1997 Goldeneye, 1998 Zelda, 1999 erm Donkey Kong 64, 2000 Perfect Dark/ Zelda MM, 2001:-... err .... none.... 2002: Super Mario Sunshine 2003: Metroid Prime, Zelda Wind Waker and Mario KArt Double Dash
Sun 25/01/04 at 12:58
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
Dringo wrote:
> Slider wrote:
> Theres no denying that nintendo have released some great games, but
> there is one problem that really started from the N64 days- they
> don't release as many AAA per year, as they should do.
>
> ???? Yeah they do, they released 3 last year...
>
> Nintendo don't normally release that many in a year.

lol! Nintendo sure pushed the boat out, that time
Sun 25/01/04 at 12:52
Regular
Slider wrote:
> Theres no denying that nintendo have released some great games, but
> there is one problem that really started from the N64 days- they
> don't release as many AAA per year, as they should do.

???? Yeah they do, they released 3 last year...

Nintendo don't normally release that many in a year.
Sat 24/01/04 at 21:45
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Socks D Snake wrote:
> I wouldn't say wind waker and metroid prime are that recent.
>
> Games released in 2003 are recent
>
> Games released in 1997 are old.

Hehe!

Games released in 2002 are old.

Goldeneye and Mario 64 were released in 1997.
1997 is ANCIENT! :-D
Sat 24/01/04 at 21:40
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
Theres no denying that nintendo have released some great games, but there is one problem that really started from the N64 days- they don't release as many AAA per year, as they should do.
Fri 23/01/04 at 23:57
Regular
Socks D Snake wrote:
> I wouldn't say wind waker and metroid prime are that recent.

Games released in 2003 are recent

Games released in 1997 are old.
Fri 23/01/04 at 22:16
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
I wouldn't say wind waker and metroid prime are that recent.
Fri 23/01/04 at 16:51
Regular
Darwock wrote:
> Dr Gonzo is a gimp.

*giggles insanely*
Fri 23/01/04 at 13:26
Regular
"Moody DJ"
Fanboy-ism should be BANNED! ;)

But no, I've read FAR too many 'my machine is better than yours' letters in my life ... usually followed up with people publishing meaningless lists of statistics and processing power ability jargon, sales info of latest games ra ra ra. I've always been of the opinion that its the games that matter and not the system, so far, each of the big 3 consoles have had games on them which I think are fooking class. As a result I think they're all worthy consoles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.