GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game worlds that pulled you in, totally"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/06/06 at 00:19
Regular
A world where you feel there's always something going on. Where you feel there's always something more beyond what is actually there. A world that constantly surprises you, scares you, enthralls you.

For me I think this was Ultima VI on the Amiga. A strange choice, perhaps, but there was SO MUCH TO IT, the game was always something of a mystery to me. Piecing together bits of a puzzle to find out what was going on with those gargoyles...the fact that you could have a mouse in your party. Oh and you could go grave robbing and find some EXCELLENT items.

Having sex with the Gypsy was also funny. I believe the response was "Iolo frowns" :)

A truly fantastic game, although Ultima IV gave me the bug, I think that VI really took it to that new level.

What did it for you if anything?
Tue 27/06/06 at 06:39
Regular
"8==="
OOT

Morrowind, before turning my character into an invincible killing machine.

and surprisingly, Azurik: Rise of Perathia. If it wasn't for a really lame combat system and re-spawning enemies I'd have quite happily played that to the end because the design and visuals were excellent.
Mon 26/06/06 at 14:01
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I thought the in-game world in The Wind Waker was truly amazing. Most people seem to hate the idea of the sailing between the islands, but I thought it was brilliant and gave the game a never-before-seen sense of scale.
Mon 26/06/06 at 13:29
Regular
I loved Hyrule in Zelda: Ocarina of time. That game is probably my all time favourite. I play it non stop for about two weeks finished it and haven't touched it since. Beautiful.
Mon 26/06/06 at 00:19
Regular
A world where you feel there's always something going on. Where you feel there's always something more beyond what is actually there. A world that constantly surprises you, scares you, enthralls you.

For me I think this was Ultima VI on the Amiga. A strange choice, perhaps, but there was SO MUCH TO IT, the game was always something of a mystery to me. Piecing together bits of a puzzle to find out what was going on with those gargoyles...the fact that you could have a mouse in your party. Oh and you could go grave robbing and find some EXCELLENT items.

Having sex with the Gypsy was also funny. I believe the response was "Iolo frowns" :)

A truly fantastic game, although Ultima IV gave me the bug, I think that VI really took it to that new level.

What did it for you if anything?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.