GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"@EEK!!!!@"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/08/01 at 17:27
Regular
I was just working out the other day how much time I spend all day looking at screens.

First thing in the morning, I get up, flick on the PC, then get washed and dressed. Then I login, go online, check my mail, check the forums, surf, do a bit of work, surf a bit more, chat on MSN, grab some breakfast, then I have a choice.

Dreamcast? or more surfing? This goes on for a while, meals usually eaten at the keyboard, until I get tired. Occaisionally I'll pop downstairs for a coffee, and if there's something interesting on News 24 when I'm passing by I'll catch up on current events a bit.

I figure in total that I'm looking at a screen for at least 90% of my waking day. Scary.

Next week I'm getting cable modem installed, so maybe at least I can cut down on the PC stuff when pages are loading 5 times as fast, but this will just give me an excuse to get more gaming in on the Dreamcast (more screens).

So, how did I get like this? I figure its been going on ever since I got both a Dreamcast and an ISP that didn't cut me off every two hours. So for about 10 months, then...

I know I'm not the only one who's as bad as this, my step brother is kinda the same way, but he works too, (and at work he looks at monitors all day). Are we the only two?

Is there an organisation that can help me? If so, what's the URL?
Thu 16/08/01 at 17:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I was just working out the other day how much time I spend all day looking at screens.

First thing in the morning, I get up, flick on the PC, then get washed and dressed. Then I login, go online, check my mail, check the forums, surf, do a bit of work, surf a bit more, chat on MSN, grab some breakfast, then I have a choice.

Dreamcast? or more surfing? This goes on for a while, meals usually eaten at the keyboard, until I get tired. Occaisionally I'll pop downstairs for a coffee, and if there's something interesting on News 24 when I'm passing by I'll catch up on current events a bit.

I figure in total that I'm looking at a screen for at least 90% of my waking day. Scary.

Next week I'm getting cable modem installed, so maybe at least I can cut down on the PC stuff when pages are loading 5 times as fast, but this will just give me an excuse to get more gaming in on the Dreamcast (more screens).

So, how did I get like this? I figure its been going on ever since I got both a Dreamcast and an ISP that didn't cut me off every two hours. So for about 10 months, then...

I know I'm not the only one who's as bad as this, my step brother is kinda the same way, but he works too, (and at work he looks at monitors all day). Are we the only two?

Is there an organisation that can help me? If so, what's the URL?
Thu 16/08/01 at 20:54
Try this one FM and you'll soon get over things

http://ukdiscussions.reserve.co.uk
Thu 16/08/01 at 21:46
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I spend quite a lot of time looking at screens TV, PC cinema etc And it is quite scary but hey I don't mind having square eyes :)
Thu 16/08/01 at 21:48
I find that I probably spend about 60% of my time in front of a screen but then I still go to school and I don't do Buisness Studies. (Playing on the computer till 6 in the morning on non school nights)
Thu 16/08/01 at 22:33
Regular
"I like cheese"
I spend most of a non-school day in front of screens.

Does this actually damage your eyes?? I began to notice a while ago that my long distance viewing seems a little worse-that's not because of screen viewing all day is it?
Thu 16/08/01 at 22:37
I am long sighted and I spend most of my day in front of a screen, which is surprising that I also do PE for GCSE and not Buisness Studies.

Hey Ant, I read somewhere that you are a 100m runner, I also have done a bit of that as well, what's your best time??
Fri 17/08/01 at 00:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Get a job ;-)

Your a brainy guy, go on. See what job you can get, if you don't like it you can always throw it.
Fri 17/08/01 at 12:14
Regular
"I like cheese"
Seifer wrote:
> I am long sighted and I spend most of my day in front of a screen,
> which is surprising that I also do PE for GCSE and not Buisness
> Studies.

Hey Ant, I read somewhere that you are a 100m runner, I
> also have done a bit of that as well, what's your best time??

My fastest time on a proper track was at this year's District Sports, which was 12.86.

But I did run 12.16 on a grass track at school.
Fri 17/08/01 at 12:27
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Ant wrote:
> Does this actually damage your eyes??

If you're worried do what I do: about once an hour or so look away from the screen and make a point of looking at and focusing on object far away - look out the window or something.

A couple of times in the past I've spent the weekend at a friend's house playing linked Wipeout 2097 or eight player Micro Machines for hours on end and then jumped into my car only to find I could only just see well enough to drive!
Fri 17/08/01 at 12:38
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Ant wrote:
My fastest time on a proper track
> was at this year's District Sports, which was 12.86.
But I did
> run 12.16 on a grass track at school.

Was that on two legs or six?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.