GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why doesn't the PC have a light gun?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/01/04 at 22:16
Regular
"....."
Like the consoles seem to have?

Or does it?

What other gimmicks does the PC have, that you can use in games?

Such as Pinball flappers for pinball games, that you connect to your keyboard for added realism etc.
Sat 24/01/04 at 17:40
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I always thought it wasn’t possible due to the way the screen was built – didn’t have whatever it is on a standard TV that allows the gun to figure out where it is you’re hitting. Something to do with the refresh rate I think; which is highly variable on PCs, so that would make sense.

May the ones you’ve found are of the old school stick-something-on-top-of-the-TV variety.
Sat 24/01/04 at 10:51
Regular
"....."
I've found 3 reviews for new light guns on the PC. Anyone got any of them?

I didn't think the PC had games for Light Guns.

What do you think?

http://retroblast.com/reviews/lightgun1.html
Fri 23/01/04 at 22:32
I think it has a dance mat now, and some nicrophone thing for a karaoke game.
Fri 23/01/04 at 22:30
Regular
"Fun in the sun"
I think you could get House of the Dead or Virtua Cop with a light gun for the pc .......not a 100% sure

The reason why theres hardly (if any) lightgun stuff is really because of A
most people assume that PCs are not for the mainstream, casual gamers, so less mainstream stuff comes out on it, and B the monitors - even the biggest ones are still not big enough for lightgun games to really compare to say, playing time crisis (ps2) on yer big living room tv
Fri 23/01/04 at 22:16
Regular
"....."
Like the consoles seem to have?

Or does it?

What other gimmicks does the PC have, that you can use in games?

Such as Pinball flappers for pinball games, that you connect to your keyboard for added realism etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.