GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"worried-about playstation3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/01/04 at 12:12
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
i am very concerned about the rumours surrounding playstation 3. ive heard that by the summer of 2004, they will already have all the hardware outlines set out-is this true? i know this is music to the ears of a wealthy gamer, but i am concerned that the people at sony are not quite giving playstation 2 enough time on its own. i mean, the vast majority of ps2 owners did not buy the ps2 before 2002. and with the ps3machine on coarse for 2005, one cant help to think it's a never ending cycle of consoles-surely ps3 should only come out once ps2 has had a good run? in the next four months there are some absolutely amazing games coming out for the black beauty. i hope ps2 still has a future to look forward too?
wht do all of you out there feel about this issue??
mubine din
ps i already accidentally posted this in the sports section read all th posts there aswell.
Sat 24/01/04 at 12:12
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
i am very concerned about the rumours surrounding playstation 3. ive heard that by the summer of 2004, they will already have all the hardware outlines set out-is this true? i know this is music to the ears of a wealthy gamer, but i am concerned that the people at sony are not quite giving playstation 2 enough time on its own. i mean, the vast majority of ps2 owners did not buy the ps2 before 2002. and with the ps3machine on coarse for 2005, one cant help to think it's a never ending cycle of consoles-surely ps3 should only come out once ps2 has had a good run? in the next four months there are some absolutely amazing games coming out for the black beauty. i hope ps2 still has a future to look forward too?
wht do all of you out there feel about this issue??
mubine din
ps i already accidentally posted this in the sports section read all th posts there aswell.
Sat 24/01/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
2005 seems like a realistic time to release the PS3. The technology will be there and games will have been produced for the release.
PS2 owners will still be able to buy games from the cataloge of games already available if they decide they don't want a PS3 on release.

Also with other consoles expected to be released before/around the same time it seems like the right time to release it.
Sat 24/01/04 at 12:16
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
that is a true point
Sat 24/01/04 at 12:17
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Reply to your post from Sport.

The PS1 I think was out in 1994. PS2 I think came out in 2000 or there abouts. But I think most consoles last about 4 years before the next one comes out so it makes sense to release the PS3 around 2005-2006
Sat 24/01/04 at 12:20
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
maybe if it was released at about christmas 2005
i wouldnt mind
Sat 24/01/04 at 12:37
Regular
"Teal'c"
slice wrote:
once ps2 has had a good run

It hasn’t?
Sat 24/01/04 at 14:33
Regular
Nothing to worry about really. Still 2 years left for your PS2. And if you didnt buy your PS2 at launch its hardly likely that you'll buy a PS3 at launch. Especially if the last shambles of a launch in this country is anyhing to go by.

And games were still produced for PSone for quite sometime after PS2 came out.
Sat 24/01/04 at 17:22
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Wonder which retailer will be the first to start taking preorders? My bet is on Amazon...which considering they don't charge until the item ships will be great. Apparently the first game for the PS3 is called Avalon and is a driving game by, I think, Climax Studios.
Sat 24/01/04 at 17:47
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
i herd dat 2
in da ops2 mag
Sat 24/01/04 at 18:14
"cheerios"
Okay, ban him Snuggly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.