GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC Gamer EVE Online Demo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Eve Online'.
Sat 24/01/04 at 17:44
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Sounds pretty cool: always heard good things about this game but never felt inspired enough to buy it. The DVD version of PC Gamer has a demo this month so you can try it out on-line.

Got to try it out this week after my last exam is out of the way. Just thought I’d mention it as it sounds like an exceptionally generous demo and is a great way to try out MMORPGs without stumping up for the full asking price.
Wed 28/01/04 at 18:07
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> Sounds pretty cool: always heard good things about this game but never
> felt inspired enough to buy it. The DVD version of PC Gamer has a
> demo this month so you can try it out on-line.
>
> Got to try it out this week after my last exam is out of the way.
> Just thought I’d mention it as it sounds like an exceptionally
> generous demo and is a great way to try out MMORPGs without stumping
> up for the full asking price.

Yeah I play it I am on my 6th month now for it. You will go through spells of hating it because its so tranquil but aside from that you will be fine
Tue 27/01/04 at 15:07
Regular
Well thats just your opinion, personally I think its great.
Its just kinda Elite online :)
If you spent an hour just travelling then you were unlucky, the most time I have spent travelling in one go has been under ten minutes. The game has a lot of potential and gets a lot of attention from the devs (who do play the game) and unlike most mmorpg's isnt just an endless leveling grind. Dont get me wrong it has some problems but I can live with them especially as the devs are working towards fixing them. Give it a try, if you dont get the demo from the magazine then go buy it from www.play.com for £9.99 which gives you 30 days free play. Subscription comes in at £7.30 a month after that.
Dano.
Sat 24/01/04 at 20:15
Regular
"Teal'c"
It’s rubbish. Don’t listen to what anyone says if they say otherwise. The only thing that makes online gaming bearable for me is the fact that you can at least have contact with people while you’re doing stuff. I actually spent about 2 days out of contact with a single person once. You spend about an hour at a time just travelling to a destination. Its ten times more tedious than you can possibly imagine.

But for free, meh, give it ago.
Realise its toss. Laugh that you didn’t buy it.
Sat 24/01/04 at 17:44
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Sounds pretty cool: always heard good things about this game but never felt inspired enough to buy it. The DVD version of PC Gamer has a demo this month so you can try it out on-line.

Got to try it out this week after my last exam is out of the way. Just thought I’d mention it as it sounds like an exceptionally generous demo and is a great way to try out MMORPGs without stumping up for the full asking price.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.