GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ENGLAND!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/02/07 at 18:04
Regular
Hi, I was just wondering what people's thoughts are on the England squad at the momemnt. Personally I think we need becks back and hargreaves out!

Did anyone go to the England U21 game last night? I did and we were incredibly poor but in the second half we just came to life. Spain had chances to finish us off but we hung on and managed to bring it back.

Lita and Walcott are brilliant players!

So, thoughts on England in general?
Sat 31/03/07 at 11:38
Regular
"capture on"
they need working on
Fri 09/02/07 at 23:58
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ollii_Solskjaer wrote:
> McClaren was not my first choice for the job either, but at such
> an early stage in his latest job, I believe there's no
> justification in jumping on his back now. It's no wonder our
> team looks so enthusiastic with all bad publicity and criticism
> they've been getting since Eriksson's reign of terror.

Eriksson was great compared to McLaren. Say what you like about Sven but we never looked easy to beat under him.
Now as for McLaren, i was jumping on his back before he started and i'm not going to stop now. The absolute first thing you need at top level is the respect of your players and to be honest they probably have the same opinion of him as the rest of us. He's like the George Bush of international football and the sooner he goes the better. Whoever thought for a second he was the best man for the job needs to be fired along with him. Maybe when we lose to Israel the FA will grant me my wish but knowing them they'll only go and hire Howard Wilkinson as his replacement.
Fri 09/02/07 at 20:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I also wanted to add that I'm not a fan of Jermain Defoe, he's far to selfish for my liking. But if you're gonna play one upfront, then hey, this lad has pace and movement and can make things happen.

Don't get me started on Peter Crouch, PLEASE!!

I still ponder as to how much different things could have been, if only West Ham's Dean Ashton hadn't broken his ankle only hours before his inevitable and truly deserved England debut.
Fri 09/02/07 at 20:54
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I thought Eriksson was bad enough at the World Cup, setting the scene for disaster with only four strikers - two of which were carrying injuries (look what happened to Owen!!), one lad who was yet to have kicked a ball in he Prem and Peter Crouch, a stereotypical 'Target Man' who can't even head the ball and should be playing no higher than the Championship level (no disrespect to Charlton, Watford or West Ham! ;D).

Next, we have the squad for Wednesday night's friendly with Spain... And only two strikers - Crouch (again!!) with Jermain Defoe stuck to the bench for most of the game.

Just what intentions (if any!) did Steve McClaren have in mind going in to the game, other than to just sit back and enjoy some attacking football... From the other team! :P

McClaren was not my first choice for the job either, but at such an early stage in his latest job, I believe there's no justification in jumping on his back now. It's no wonder our team looks so enthusiastic with all bad publicity and criticism they've been getting since Eriksson's reign of terror.

Give him some chance, the team needs the country's support. The English FA would never admit to their own mistakes within months of making the appointment - they couldn't even afford to sack 'Sven' when clearly, he needed to go a long, long time ago.

And if for some reason we fail to make it through the qualifying group stages, okay, there's your chance to let your true feelings heard. England haven't exactly made it easy for themselves at this stage with any of the previous three managers, have they.
Wed 07/02/07 at 18:04
Regular
Hi, I was just wondering what people's thoughts are on the England squad at the momemnt. Personally I think we need becks back and hargreaves out!

Did anyone go to the England U21 game last night? I did and we were incredibly poor but in the second half we just came to life. Spain had chances to finish us off but we hung on and managed to bring it back.

Lita and Walcott are brilliant players!

So, thoughts on England in general?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.