GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deus Ex 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Deus Ex 2: Invisible War'.
Sun 25/01/04 at 14:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Not much ho-ha been made about this, sequal to the supposedly bestest game evah!TM.

I saw a very positive PC Gamer review (92%?) but it don't seem like it's made much of an impact......

?!
Sun 25/01/04 at 15:43
Regular
Ran pants on my old card even at the lowest resolution, I get decent frame rates with my new card but everything smacks of a console game. The game was clearly designed with the Xbox in mind and judging by the demo it won't be a patch on the classic original.
Sun 25/01/04 at 15:38
The demo had a few technical issues, mainly the grey pixels on characters when in dialogue mode, and game crashes. And that annoying return to desktop thing every time the game loads.
Sun 25/01/04 at 15:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Cyclone wrote:
> I'm not that bothered about it really, but I was just wondering why
> there hasn't been loads of talk about it.

Because the demo was Crap ridden drivel, I didn't like it one bit. I'm sure some will like it, but much the original Deus Ex it looks like opinions will be diveded between those who think it's great and those, like me who think it's just plain old rubbish.

Now Far Cry, that's a game to get excited about.
Sun 25/01/04 at 14:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm not that bothered about it really, but I was just wondering why there hasn't been loads of talk about it.

I'm sure my Radeon 9200 would be funny then.
Sun 25/01/04 at 14:42
Regular
"accidental superher"
it's had very mixed reviews in the gaming community in america.
people felt they dumbed down the game and the ai is meant to be pretty poor
and also there are loadsa bug issues apparently so even if you have a high end pc it might not run smoothly -if you look on the deus ex iw boards on their website there are loadsa topics on graphical problems (esp on ati cards), frame rate problems (even on cards like radeon 9800 pro and xt) and ways of trying to fix these problems. try the demo and see how it runs on your comp. i'm still gonna get it whatever happens
Sun 25/01/04 at 14:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Not much ho-ha been made about this, sequal to the supposedly bestest game evah!TM.

I saw a very positive PC Gamer review (92%?) but it don't seem like it's made much of an impact......

?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.