GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google Checkout."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/02/10 at 01:28
Regular
Can someone advise me whether I should be able to run a Google Checkout service via my website?

For some reason my implementation is working perfectly whilst running on my local server, but once I upload to my Freeola service it no longer works properly.

Are there some limitations in using the Google Checkout system, perhaps relating to SSL certificates?

Would appreciate any insights.

My implementation is using the XML API rather than a simple Buy Now button incase that has any bearing.
Tue 02/03/10 at 19:38
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Good point there! Post edited.
Tue 02/03/10 at 18:42
"Are you sure?"
Hmmm... that explains why my earlier (see previous post) cURL script never worked.

Someone may read your last statement to mean that VIP Hosting isn't as secure as Standard Hosting!?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 02/03/10 at 18:32
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hello,

I'm afraid you won't be able to use anything that requires outbound connections on our free hosting. Your sites are using our free hosting so using cURL or fopen will not work.
It is one of the reasons we offer VIP hosting as this service has far fewer restrictions. If Google Checkout is important to you then you might want to consider VIP hosting, it's only from £3.49 per month.

I have amended my initial post to make it clear that cURL can be used with VIP and not our Free hosting.
Sun 28/02/10 at 22:12
Regular
Thanks so much guys, really hope there's a resolution to this as I use Freeola services for all of my web hosting needs and i've never found something that held me back from achieving what I need to.

I really appreciate all your help and look forward to hearing back!!
Wed 24/02/10 at 23:41
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
I believe one of my colleagues has started looking into this for you today. They are testing across all server so hopefully we'll be able to report back soon!
Wed 24/02/10 at 21:40
Regular
This is beyond my understanding now lol, but i've looked through the PHP code I have for the Google Checkout system for any mention of CURL and here's the snipper i've found that I believe could be relevant:

function SendReq($url, $header_arr, $postargs, $timeout=false) {
// Get the curl session object
$session = curl_init($url);
$this->log->LogRequest($postargs);
// Set the POST options.
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_POST, true);
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $header_arr);
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $postargs);
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_HEADER, true);
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);

if(!empty($this->certPath) && file_exists($this->certPath)) {
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, true);
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_CAINFO, $this->certPath);
}
else {
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
}

if(is_array($this->proxy) && count($this->proxy)) {
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_PROXY,
$this->proxy['host'] . ":" . $this->proxy['port']);
}
if($timeout != false){
curl_setopt($session, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, $timeout);

}
// Do the POST and then close the session
$response = curl_exec($session);
if (curl_errno($session)) {
$this->log->LogError(curl_error($session));
return array("CURL_ERR", curl_error($session));
} else {
curl_close($session);
}
Wed 17/02/10 at 00:04
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Any chance of seeing the cURL code? I'm guessing you're POSTing XML but what is your cURL setup (setopts if you are using PHP)?
Do you have the cURL error code? I can't remember off the top of my head the format of the error message, I'm saying this because your error has a colon in it, which normally signifies a port number.
Tue 16/02/10 at 20:14
Regular
Thanks so much for your help so far guys, i've been unable to get back to this since posting originally which is a bit ironic!!!!

I am getting the following error message:

An error had ocurred:
HTTP Status: CURL_ERR:
Error message:
Failed to connect to 74.125.79.81: Permission denied

My understanding was always that Google Checkout relies on CURL, semi-confirmed by this error message, but as far as I can tell this is enabled by Freeola?

Thanks so much for your help folks.
Sat 13/02/10 at 19:57
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
> Not exactly. You can work around the block on fopen by using the
> more secure, but more involved cURL library. If you are not
> writing you own script then this may mean you have to modify it,
> which some people cannot do as they have no knowledge of PHP.

Oh fair enough - the script creator (domain WHOIS) tried changing to cURL when I last had a go with this (few years back) but couldn't get anywhere!

If I have another go at it in the future I'll get back to you.

I'll let the OP have his thread back now! ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 13/02/10 at 19:07
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Not exactly. You can work around the block on fopen by using the more secure, but more involved cURL library
(Edit: should have said this applies to VIP hosting!). If you are not writing you own script then this may mean you have to modify it, which some people cannot do as they have no knowledge of PHP.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.