GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A thingy that plays n64 games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/01/04 at 16:50
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Anyone heard of something that Nintendo might be releasing that plays n64 games? Does it work by fixing onto the GameCube? Does it even exist?
Wed 28/01/04 at 15:20
Regular
DX man wrote:
> I don't see the point in making the iQue at all. I would rather just
> go buy an N64. But even though it has been made to stop illegal game
> making, I wasn't aware that there were games like that on any
> nintendo console. I know of the 'chipped' games on the playstation
> and playstation2 but nintendo games?? Does anyone know if nintendo
> games not the pc games but the proper nintendo colnsoles have
> actually been mass produced by fake games of the normal versions???

In china it would be...

Consoles just simply aren't released their due to piracy but there is the potential to make SO much money... such a large market. Sony constantly pull out of releasing their system there so Nintendo made the Ique... a system that plays pretty recent titles from the N64 era... unpiratable and cheap too.
Wed 28/01/04 at 13:36
Regular
I've never come across pirated N64 games to be honest.

But there's propably loads around asia. I do have some pirate GBC games, basically just compilations of retro stuff, nothing commercial.
Wed 28/01/04 at 13:27
Regular
I don't see the point in making the iQue at all. I would rather just go buy an N64. But even though it has been made to stop illegal game making, I wasn't aware that there were games like that on any nintendo console. I know of the 'chipped' games on the playstation and playstation2 but nintendo games?? Does anyone know if nintendo games not the pc games but the proper nintendo colnsoles have actually been mass produced by fake games of the normal versions???
Tue 27/01/04 at 14:05
Regular
They will be apparently avalible online.
Tue 27/01/04 at 11:46
Regular
http://www.lik-sang.com/ info.php?category=77&products_id=3830&

You're right - Flash cards that you download games onto via stations, likely to be in game stores etc.

Would be pretty useless to import one then, unless the downloads would be made available online - but then that's piracy and you'd need a special card reader to accept the iQue cards.
Tue 27/01/04 at 11:44
Cooky wrote:
> Joe Dark wrote:
> I think Sony are releasing their first console in China aswell.
>
> They were gonna release the PS2 there, but pulled out at the last min
> due to fears of piracy. Dunno if their set to release it again or
> not.
>
> :)

They already have, but it was a quiet launch.
Tue 27/01/04 at 11:37
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I dont think they do otherwise the IQUE wouldnt be doing its job which is to stop piricy.
Tue 27/01/04 at 11:30
Regular
It accepts N64 carts, doesn't it?
Tue 27/01/04 at 11:27
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Sounds good but I think you need to download the games from special ports in China.
Tue 27/01/04 at 11:14
Regular
"where's my tag?"
I already own one n64 but when I heard about the IQue device I thought I might as well get one incase my n64 breaks down in the future. I'm not keen on second-hand stuff so the IQue would be like a brand-new n64.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.