GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Japan gets Tales of Symphonia 2, we still haven't got the original"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World'.
Tue 27/01/04 at 15:59
Regular
Taken from Cube-europe.com:

"Namco have unveiled four, count-em, new titles in their epic stat-filled RPG-based "Tales Of.." series. The good news, and some bad news, awaits you inside.

It was revealed today that Namco are beavering away on four new epic chapters in their stunning "Tales Of.." series. Each title is totally unique- with the GameCube and Game Boy Advance being treated to a title each, as will the PlayStation 2. The PSone (It just won't die!) will receive a "Tales Of.." compendium disc, not unlike the sought-after Zelda Collector's Disc.

The GameCube title will be a full-blown sequel to Tales of Symphonia- which, to the great distress of European gamers, is still not confirmed for a release in our beautiful continent. Titled "Tales of Legendia"- the title is Japan-only for the time being- a U.S release is not definite at this point- making a European release even more unlikely. With the bad news over, the game is set to utilise the stunning 3D engine from Symphonia- and will feature a GBA-GC link-up feature with the new Game Boy Advance "Tales Of.." incarnation, which hasn't been given a title yet.

We'll have more on Namco's RPG super-series as we get it".

Damn it Namco, I thought this sold well in Japan (although that might be because they're RPG nuts over there) Hurry up with the ruddy translation will yer, if you are actually translating it.

Still, good news for anyone who lives In Japan I suppose, not that I think many people here do...
Thu 29/01/04 at 21:53
"The Will of D."
tphi wrote:
> No Tales of Symphonia
> No Baten Kaitos
> No Giftpia
>
>
> Waah.

You should be the one to get a hold of himself after that.

I really can't wait for those games (except Giftpia coz i haven't heard of it, i'd gladly want to know more about what it's like) they will be awsome.
Thu 29/01/04 at 08:46
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Just found out there isn't even a confirmed PAL release of Wario Ware GC!

Maybe they're worried about it's cartoon graphics? NOE get your act together and get these games out.
Wed 28/01/04 at 15:26
Regular
No confirmed release anyway.
Wed 28/01/04 at 14:38
Regular
"thursdayton!"
No Tales of Symphonia
No Baten Kaitos
No Giftpia

Waah.
Wed 28/01/04 at 00:09
Regular
Not to mention letting Nintendo make Pac Man Vs. as well as putting Link in Soul Calibur.

Nintendo and Namco are best chums now.
Tue 27/01/04 at 18:38
Regular
It is good to see that Namco are creating another game in the series for the gamecube.
It seems like they are starting to trust Nintendo after the good sales of ToS, Donkey Konga and Soul Calibur.
They did not sound all pessimistic about the DS-system.
And they are developing Starfox 2 and the next real Donkey Kong.
Lets just hope that the Tales of games makes it to Europe or USA
Tue 27/01/04 at 16:39
Regular
"Plate of glue"
That is just not fair. I want Tales of Symphonia Now!
Tue 27/01/04 at 16:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If they were both released here, I'd snap 'em up quick.
Tue 27/01/04 at 15:59
Regular
Taken from Cube-europe.com:

"Namco have unveiled four, count-em, new titles in their epic stat-filled RPG-based "Tales Of.." series. The good news, and some bad news, awaits you inside.

It was revealed today that Namco are beavering away on four new epic chapters in their stunning "Tales Of.." series. Each title is totally unique- with the GameCube and Game Boy Advance being treated to a title each, as will the PlayStation 2. The PSone (It just won't die!) will receive a "Tales Of.." compendium disc, not unlike the sought-after Zelda Collector's Disc.

The GameCube title will be a full-blown sequel to Tales of Symphonia- which, to the great distress of European gamers, is still not confirmed for a release in our beautiful continent. Titled "Tales of Legendia"- the title is Japan-only for the time being- a U.S release is not definite at this point- making a European release even more unlikely. With the bad news over, the game is set to utilise the stunning 3D engine from Symphonia- and will feature a GBA-GC link-up feature with the new Game Boy Advance "Tales Of.." incarnation, which hasn't been given a title yet.

We'll have more on Namco's RPG super-series as we get it".

Damn it Namco, I thought this sold well in Japan (although that might be because they're RPG nuts over there) Hurry up with the ruddy translation will yer, if you are actually translating it.

Still, good news for anyone who lives In Japan I suppose, not that I think many people here do...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.