GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"VIDEOGAME FRUSTRATION THREAD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/01/04 at 20:25
Regular
"??????"
Ever become really frustrated in a videogame? Talk about it here...
Sun 01/02/04 at 19:38
"R.I.P Acestar"
lalakersrule wrote:

> but the camera
> seems to be controlled by Stevie Wonder, then that's when it becomes
> frustrating.

Exactly!!!
Sun 01/02/04 at 19:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Almighty Beer Can wrote:
> I meant frustrating as hard, because its frustrating when it's hard,
> right?

Well for me, no, i do like a good bit of challenging gameplay. However when something is hard just because of poor design e.g you have to jump across different ledges very quickly but the camera seems to be controlled by Stevie Wonder, then that's when it becomes frustrating.
Sun 01/02/04 at 19:32
"R.I.P Acestar"
I meant frustrating as hard, because its frustrating when it's hard, right?
Sun 01/02/04 at 18:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Almighty Beer Can wrote:
> I think its the frustrating parts that make it good.
> Ok on the outside we hate the frustrating parts, but deep down i
> think we want them.

I disagree. Hard parts in games are what makes them good. No game should be frustrating at any time. It's meant to be a form of entertainment not annoyance.
Sun 01/02/04 at 18:54
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I think the most frustrating game I've ever played was Stuntman. But then again it also lasts an absolute age due to it's difficulty.

More recently though, I've been getting rather peeved off with Prince of Persia. Some of those fights are quite difficult, and it's especially annoying when you have to do a big fight after a particularly difficult puzzle/timed section. Because if you get killed, you have to start from the last saved point, which in most cases, is a fair old bit back.
Sun 01/02/04 at 18:30
"R.I.P Acestar"
Almighty Beer Can wrote:
> Is this a rival to the Longest thread?

I mean by the way it is set out, cant keep ur finger of Caps Lock.
Sun 01/02/04 at 18:29
"R.I.P Acestar"
With 18 posts its surely gonna beat it!
Sun 01/02/04 at 18:28
"R.I.P Acestar"
Is this a rival to the Longest thread?
Sun 01/02/04 at 18:00
"R.I.P Acestar"
Oh forgetting to save is hell. I had completed Harry potter and the Philosiphors(sp) stone turned it off because it was dinner time and when i got halfway down the stairs i realiused i hadnt saved it! I had to do the chess part again! Actually the chess was pretty easy.
Sun 01/02/04 at 14:49
Regular
"??????"
nickdagamemaster wrote:
> Most frustrating thing for me is when you had been playing a game for
> hours then when you decide to turn it off you forget to save it. The
> worst time i ever did that is when i completed an endurance race on
> GT3 then forgot to save it.
> Very annoying!

I once did that kind of thing on Digimon WOrld 2003...I trained for half an hour, then turned the game off (cue much bad language...nah not really ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.