GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"InstantPro Website Builder - Password Protecting pages"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/02/10 at 11:58
"Are you sure?"
I thought I would create a simple demo page for the newly introduced InstantPro 'password protection' feature.

A few people have asked for this in the past on the forums and Freeola introduced it on the 10th Feb.

It's now very simple to protect a page on your website - there's a new 'Password Protection' item on the 'Options' section which can be seen from 'Site Overview'.

View a working demo the password is [b]freeola[/b]

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola Instant Site
Tue 16/02/10 at 19:25
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Haha, one quick update and you shoot the whole list out! We really can't provide time lines for this kind of stuff, I would imagine it will be included in the next major version release which is still a way off.

Anyways I'm off xx
Tue 16/02/10 at 19:13
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the reply.
I might/could put content in the 'skyscraper' - but being a minimum 100 pixels seems rather restrictive? I would have thought this would be quite easy to change?!

Centering the site doesn't work well I'm afraid - it was ok before I added the right-hand side skyscraper though!

I'm (trying to be) particular how the site looks in different resolutions!

Once the new Google Adsense/JavaScript plugin arrives I'll be ok ;¬)

Any rough date for this yet; then I can remove the 'skyscrapers'?

Tue 16/02/10 at 19:03
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Hmmm... wrote:
> I want to shift the site slightly to the right as the navigation
> doesn't look comfortable jammed up against the left side of the
> browser.

The only way to currently do that would be to centre your website, otherwise you will be stuck like that for the moment, unless you don't mind 100px space.

Basically skyscrapers were added to hold content not provide spacing, obviously if more precise positioning is in demand by the users of InstantPro we might consider it but it would be implemented in the web site alignment options rather than by adjusting the minimum width of skyscrapers.

Sorry to disappoint today Hmmm..., however your request has been duly noted.
Tue 16/02/10 at 17:08
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Ahhh now I see what you mean. Forget my suggestion.
Tue 16/02/10 at 17:01
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> Is there a reason why you can't use padding in the table though?
> Admittedly you would have to do that on every page...

I don't believe I can.
I think the only place I can tweak Tables is in the main 'content' area and the footer?

I want to shift the site slightly to the right as the navigation doesn't look comfortable jammed up against the left side of the browser.

I'm open to ideas how this can be done with the controls I've got though :¬)

My Freeola Instant Site
Tue 16/02/10 at 16:42
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Don't know the specific reason why the limit is in place I'm afraid, Eccles or Luke might....

Is there a reason why you can't use padding in the table though? Admittedly you would have to do that on every page...
Tue 16/02/10 at 16:34
"Are you sure?"
LukeM wrote:
> I believe I have fixed your issue Hmmm... let us know if you
> discover any other lil glitches please.

Looks good :¬)

While you're there...

I would like to use a narrow 'Skyscraper' to get more control over the design of the site. At the moment there is a minimum 100 pixel width. I would like to have the option of using 10 pixels - any reason why not?

I align my site to the left due to the right-hand skyscraper messing with my width/alignment. I would use a 10 pixels or so left-hand one to add some 'padding'...

Thanks.
Tue 16/02/10 at 14:55
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
I believe I have fixed your issue Hmmm... let us know if you discover any other lil glitches please.
Tue 16/02/10 at 12:47
"Are you sure?"
Thanks (x2)

LukeM wrote:
> Your using Firefox now?

Only to check how things look/work... ;¬)

Tue 16/02/10 at 12:42
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I'll insure this get's noticed Hmmm....

Haha, too late :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.