GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Suikoden IV coming to Europe!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Suikoden IV'.
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:55
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Konami announced it 2 weeks ago on the German section of their website but not the English section.

Jump for joy and praise Konami, for it means that one of the greatest RPG series in the history of RPG series is going to be available for your PS2 within the next 15 months. Not played any Suikodens? You haven't lived!

Think Final Fantasy, but with 108 collectable characters, better storylines, more emotion and better music and you'll be getting close.

(Reposted to take care of typo and just to make sure you didn't miss it).
Mon 02/02/04 at 13:49
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Yeah, US. By the way if anybody hasn't played Suikoden 2 and wants to, get the PAL version. The American one was a bug-ridden mess, with some characters not even getting their text translated and soundtrack songs missing from the disc...
Mon 02/02/04 at 12:12
Regular
"Selected"
so you all have the American version of Suikoden 3?

It's weird how the third wasn't even released in the UK...
Mon 02/02/04 at 09:49
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Now finished number 2 and started on 3... which seems to be a bit of a mutant - half suikoden, half skies of arcadia - but I think it's an improvement. Party battles in particular are now almost exactly like Skies, except you don't have control of every character (they pair up).

Tactical battles are much improved, since in 2 it didn't matter what you did, the result was pre-determined. Very annoying spending all that time moving units when it made no difference.

Presentation wise it's much better too, more adult, and the story hasn't taken any of the stupid turns that the earlier games did.
Fri 30/01/04 at 10:49
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> better music

Oh my god you can't be serious....
Fri 30/01/04 at 10:47
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Currently 45 hours into Suikoden 2, having finished number 1 a fortnight ago. It's alright, but can't touch Final Fantasy.
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:57
Regular
And there was much w00tage throughout the land.
*Stiff*

(Reposted on behalf of FinalFantasyFanatic)
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I hope they go back to the battle system of 1 and 2 instead of the grouped one they had in 3. I didn't like that, made fights harder than they should have been. I did prefer it over FFX though and was my favourite RPG on the PS2 after Xenosaga. Really looking forward to number 4
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:55
Regular
Konami announced it 2 weeks ago on the German section of their website but not the English section.

Jump for joy and praise Konami, for it means that one of the greatest RPG series in the history of RPG series is going to be available for your PS2 within the next 15 months. Not played any Suikodens? You haven't lived!

Think Final Fantasy, but with 108 collectable characters, better storylines, more emotion and better music and you'll be getting close.

(Reposted to take care of typo and just to make sure you didn't miss it).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.