GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite tv adverts"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/08/01 at 23:14
Regular
Two spring to mind straight away for me, anyway.

Firstly, the white horses Guinness. This is such a beautiful advert, I can't understand why anyone can't like it...

The peace and tranquility of the sea disturbed suddenly as the sea opens, and the waiting ends... the birds eye view of the sea is amazing, and the use of horses, powerful voice over and music make this advert no less than inspiring.

The second one some may have not seen, as it's a bit old. It was made by a newspaper, the Guardian, as that website Mr Neil provided has shown me.

Anyway, it's excellent. The whole premise is never judge something unless you've seen the whole story, and is utterly perfect. The advert is simple a single event, and is shot from three different camera angles.

The first one shows a man running down a street. Nothing much there... you don't really learn anything, and you don't really become interested in what's going on.

The next camera angle shows the man running again, but this time he's running towards another man carrying a briefcase, and you can see that the running man goes to grab the man with the briefcase, and it appears that he's trying to steal the briefcase. This is filmed perfectly, and I think really applies to the subject, being the newspaper, and how stories can become twisted.

And then you see the third camera angle... which explains everything. The man running down the street is indeed running towards the briefcase man, and now you can see why. A large amount of bricks are about to fall on briefcase man, and in a matter of seconds, the running man saves his life. It shows how a criminal can be changed into a hero simply by changing the viewpoint.

Ok, so your favourite adverts please. :0)
Mon 20/08/01 at 18:16
yes I have seen it, it is classic! It's just so funny when they open the door and she says, trying to look innocent, "What?". The look on her face......
Sun 19/08/01 at 23:54
Regular
"Whatever!"
I like the advert for UK Living I believe!! The one where the women runs out her flat to get her mail, her door slams shut locking her out so she hides in the metre cupboard under the stairs. Then this bloke comes round to have a look at the metre only to find a nice women sitting in there with only her knickers on - Anyone else seen this?? Its a real classic!!
Sun 19/08/01 at 22:12
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I find the music from the One 2 One advert with Gary Oldman strangely soothing and I can't stop whistling it ...
Sun 19/08/01 at 11:23
OK you can call me immature, juvenile and a complete idiot, but there only one word that can describe my all time favourite advert and that is:

WAAAAAAASSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!

Need any more clues?
Sun 19/08/01 at 09:27
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Grix Thraves wrote:
I better go write a topic complaining about
> how tight fisted and unfair the judges are...

Again? ;)

Back on the advert topic, I like the Heineken one, with Paul Daniels.

"Buy Heineken or we'll keep screening this advert"

classic
Sat 18/08/01 at 20:13
Regular
What? Didn't I win?

I better go write a topic complaining about how tight fisted and unfair the judges are... I NEVER win. I'm leaving.
Fri 17/08/01 at 22:22
Regular
I think your talking out of your ar*e just to win gameaday. But you won't. Because someone there is always someone who has done something better than this. And you know what I think? I think the winners half the time are crap and other people's have been better. But yours is true crap. So just to let you know you will not win it. Ha
Thu 16/08/01 at 22:35
Regular
"Great Scott's"
I Like the Aero advert, with all bubble and no squeak saying at the end.

For those who have not seen it, it has the Mouse dancing after the man has brought the Aero.
Wed 15/08/01 at 19:14
I also like the Dr Pepper which was What's the worst that could happen, and the boy, who gets his clothes ripped off, That one really made me laugh!
Wed 15/08/01 at 18:25
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
TIM-MAY!! wrote:
> Seahorses?

They were rubbish.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.