GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battlefiled 2142"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Battlefield 2: Modern Combat'.
Mon 05/02/07 at 22:42
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
I recieved battlefield 2142 on Christams day. I didn't realise, and neither did the person who had bough it for me; that battlefield 2142 is predominatly for playing multiplayer missions online.

However, this did not discourage me, as EA Games (challenge evryyyyyyyyyyythinggg) also put in a single player mode to entertain the people such as me who do not want to constantly be playing online. For one thing, online play means that there is lag time, a long time loading, and you can be disconnected from the server when your connection is lost.

But back to the game: Other than the above reasons (whcih are mainly to do with hardware) Battlefiled 2142 is a pretty good game. It is set in the year 2142, where most of the northern hempisphere has frozen over, and 2 amries are fighting for the right to survive in the temperate regions. The PAC and the EU armies come with a variety of standard weaponrary and 4 different classes of soldier: Engineer, Combat, Recon and Support, each with unique weaponrary. Both teams have a variety of vehicles that can be driven, helicopters, APC's, Mechwarriors, tanks, etc. And in Multiplayer mode - The titan - Tonnes of raw power with superior shields and a reactor.

The weapons can be upgraded as you are promoted through the ranks, the accessories that you carry can also be upgraded. As you become more experience, you are able to carry more kit as you can "buy" kit with your unlock points.

In total, i would give Battlefiled 2142 an 8/10, it's a pretty good game, but i do think that EA could of perhaps made more of the single player mode, rather than just concentrating on the multiplayer mode.
Sun 28/11/10 at 18:51
Regular
Hi
in battlefield 2 modern combat ps2
l have got trouble finding where to distroy in cargo on the ship
have done everything right distroyed the boats blow the cargo doors but cannot find where to distroy the cargo before running out of time .
can anyone help me honky
Mon 05/02/07 at 22:42
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
I recieved battlefield 2142 on Christams day. I didn't realise, and neither did the person who had bough it for me; that battlefield 2142 is predominatly for playing multiplayer missions online.

However, this did not discourage me, as EA Games (challenge evryyyyyyyyyyythinggg) also put in a single player mode to entertain the people such as me who do not want to constantly be playing online. For one thing, online play means that there is lag time, a long time loading, and you can be disconnected from the server when your connection is lost.

But back to the game: Other than the above reasons (whcih are mainly to do with hardware) Battlefiled 2142 is a pretty good game. It is set in the year 2142, where most of the northern hempisphere has frozen over, and 2 amries are fighting for the right to survive in the temperate regions. The PAC and the EU armies come with a variety of standard weaponrary and 4 different classes of soldier: Engineer, Combat, Recon and Support, each with unique weaponrary. Both teams have a variety of vehicles that can be driven, helicopters, APC's, Mechwarriors, tanks, etc. And in Multiplayer mode - The titan - Tonnes of raw power with superior shields and a reactor.

The weapons can be upgraded as you are promoted through the ranks, the accessories that you carry can also be upgraded. As you become more experience, you are able to carry more kit as you can "buy" kit with your unlock points.

In total, i would give Battlefiled 2142 an 8/10, it's a pretty good game, but i do think that EA could of perhaps made more of the single player mode, rather than just concentrating on the multiplayer mode.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.