GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Desperate for help publishing my site"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/02/07 at 18:48
Regular
"Desperate for help"
I am new to all this and I have set up two sites now. One using Netfusion recommended by a friend and was unable to publish this file at-all through freeola. Now I have created a website using Microsoft publisher, I have managed to get the first page up but with no of the pictures and none of the other pages. Has ANYONE got any advice help they can give me, I am at my wits end as I just want to get this site up. Thanks.
Tue 06/02/07 at 11:47
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Hyperlinks from page 1 being your index.htm to page 2 being pictures gallery.

Ie: click here for my picture gallery is visible on the page you are viewing, the html coding for this is:

picture gallery

Copy and paste this into your html of your page to see what your menu of text hyperlinks should look like.

Navigation Layouts

Hope it helps. DAN
Tue 06/02/07 at 11:11
Regular
"Desperate for help"
Also, when you say links could be wrong, what exactly do you mean by links?
Tue 06/02/07 at 11:10
Regular
"Desperate for help"
Hello,
Yes when I preview web page, everything is there.
The publisher file I have created is in a folder with a sub folder containing all the images. Is this all that needs to be uploaded or should I also save it in the browser when I preview the page.
Mon 05/02/07 at 22:13
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Humm, first thing that comes to mind is that your links may be wrong and link to your local machine, or you haven't kept everything relative when you uploaded.

Could we see the website? It would be easier.
Mon 05/02/07 at 20:18
Regular
Hi Liana
The fact that you have one page up is good!

To see the pictures and other pages you must upload all the files to the server.

every thing goes into the htdocs folder as a rule.

if you preveiw the site on your computer do you see the pictures there?

if yes then it should be as easy as uploading all the files and folders up to the server and it should (fingers crossed) work.

Kev :-)

Liana wrote:
> I am new to all this and I have set up two sites now. One using
> Netfusion recommended by a friend and was unable to publish this
> file at-all through freeola. Now I have created a website using
> Microsoft publisher, I have managed to get the first page up but
> with no of the pictures and none of the other pages. Has ANYONE
> got any advice help they can give me, I am at my wits end as I
> just want to get this site up. Thanks.
Mon 05/02/07 at 18:48
Regular
"Desperate for help"
I am new to all this and I have set up two sites now. One using Netfusion recommended by a friend and was unable to publish this file at-all through freeola. Now I have created a website using Microsoft publisher, I have managed to get the first page up but with no of the pictures and none of the other pages. Has ANYONE got any advice help they can give me, I am at my wits end as I just want to get this site up. Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.